I’m looking for some songs with killer tones .

Not sure if these are listed but….

Tool-The Pot-multiple amps

AIC-We Die Young-mostly vintage boosted Bassman per the engineer

John Sykes Live-Cold Sweat-Jose A modded Marshall

Dokken-Lightning Strikes-Multiple amps

VHII-You’re no good-68 NMV Marshall

XYZ "Hungry" album. Face Down in the Gutter, and H.H. Boogie. Mark Diglio (VERY UNDERRATED) used a Mike Morin preamp on this album I believe-- absolutely kick ass guitar tone.

Last edited:
I'm only posting this because when I first heard the song I thought the tone at 0:24 was kind of weird but once the bass/drums kicked in I thought it sounded killer as a rhythm tone.

I'm only posting this because when I first heard the song I thought the tone at 0:24 was kind of weird but once the bass/drums kicked in I thought it sounded killer as a rhythm tone.

I love this guys playing . I’ll che k out the tone

Here's a killer live SLO tone. I timestamped it right before the fat/warm overdrive part. He likes to be able to play double stops for rhythm since he's got to sing and so he dials in the SLO to do this tone on 4th-5th string or 5th-6th string double stops and the like.

Here's a killer live SLO tone. I timestamped it right before the fat/warm overdrive part. He likes to be able to play double stops for rhythm since he's got to sing and so he dials in the SLO to do this tone on 4th-5th string or 5th-6th string double stops and the like.

Hell ya . Very fat

Back