I am F$cking sick! ANOTHER Monomyth ++

Mikeyboyeee

Well, in more ways than 1!

Past 5 weeks have had 2 spinal surgeries (1st not too bad, 2nd sucked ass last week). Oh and 2 heart attacks 1 in '15 and 1 in '18.

So, I treated myself to a VERY nice Monomyth 1974 SLP few weeks back that RIPS.

Then I saw a "JEL" Spec Little Ceriatone 2204 clone I had to have as well (what a little beast)

So, I happen to come across a 1997 SLP Monomyth with some different mods then my 1974. Wouldn't ya know I had to have that too?

Oh yeah, and I have a PS100 arriving tomorrow and a Quad Cortex on order. Just need an amp/cab switcher now.

At least the Mrs. is the one who keeps telling me to buy the sh!t if I want it :)

What is wrong with me? No, not that, I have 9 guitars already too.

With the way things are now, these thigs wont be cheaper in a year or 2!

Was going to move a few things to cover these, but I think I will sit on stuff for a bit!

That's my logic :)

Yes, I am sick like the rest of you fuckers!

Last edited:
Yep, def did not overpay for any of them, so like my old Mk III, I will wind up making $$$ on them in the years to come. Monomyth modded marshalls with original iron? Can't imagine losing money,lol.

I'd say you earned those amps! would like to hear that JEL modded amp and what you think about that mod

I'd say you earned those amps! would like to hear that JEL modded amp and what you think about that mod
I like it a lot. Especially after getting my PS100 and letting the poweramp breath a bit.

It's like a really nice sounding 800. Bit more sustain and crunch.
Still needs a boost (and believe Jake boosts his real JEL too) to get into 80s metal territory.
Its that classic crunch /grind but a bit more.
Def good bit more gain than old AC/DC and more then my Butterslax channel 1 gain dimed.
Little picky on boost and settings on my SD1,but sounds killer.
This little ceriatone/clone is a nice little build for sure.

I'll eventually get around to posting vids when my neck feels better.

Couple pics
Waiting on delivery for Monomyth #2

And trying to figure out good amp head rack for the living room 🤘

20210815_112533.jpg
20210815_112540.jpg

Last edited:
I just cleaned up my room to make some space for my KSR Ares and Skeleton Key. I went ahead and ordered a 6505 too. I need to figure out which Orange to get to finish off my collection. So I get the whole buying hot streak.

Last summer I had a monomyth modded 1974 super lead, a 5150 sig, a Molecular, a Mark IV and KSR Orthos. It was the happiest I had ever been with my amps and I'm doing my best to recreate that setup. My car breaking down then having to move on short notice was a bitch.

When you find something you like and are going to get a lot of use from it there is no better feeling.

Congrats man. And the fryette was a good call. Everyone should have one

I just cleaned up my room to make some space for my KSR Ares and Skeleton Key. I went ahead and ordered a 6505 too. I need to figure out which Orange to get to finish off my collection. So I get the whole buying hot streak.

Last summer I had a monomyth modded 1974 super lead, a 5150 sig, a Molecular, a Mark IV and KSR Orthos. It was the happiest I had ever been with my amps and I'm doing my best to recreate that setup. My car breaking down then having to move on short notice was a bitch.

When you find something you like and are going to get a lot of use from it there is no better feeling.

Did you get your Skeleton key yet? I'm about to put a deposit down on one myself in about a day or so.

If you’re referring to the ‘74 SLP I just sold, I’ve owned that amp since 2019 :loco:

If you’re referring to the ‘74 SLP I just sold, I’ve owned that amp since 2019 :loco:
man my time is screwed up. It was the monomyth 2204 I had. My time is screwed so up bad I've been thinking covid has only started this year.

Last edited:
Back