I just want an affordable 2204 with a small footprint.

Spaceboy

I want a 50w JCM800 in a small 19" or less headshell (to fit on a vertical 2x12), with an at least usable master volume when stage boys tell me turn down. I have a JMP2204 and it's master absolutely neuters the amp. I wouldn't mind being a touch hotrodded or something like Fargen's decade switch either, although I can get what I need from an overdrive. It's a simple need but I don't know who's making this without an insane 2k+ pricetag. It seems like boutique guys are charging more and more for the simplest circuits and features. :LOL: :LOL:

I have a 4010, which is a 1x12 combo but with the 2204 circuit. I put it in a headshell and it works really well and has a pretty tiny foot print.

At least to me, it sounds great at moderate volumes. Maybe you and I just have different tastes, but there is one small circuit difference between the 2204 and the 4010: a capacitor put between the mid pot and ground, which seems to bleed off some highs and makes it seem warmer.

Spaceboy":cpkvbegr said:
I want a 50w JCM800 in a small 19" or less headshell (to fit on a vertical 2x12), with an at least usable master volume when stage boys tell me turn down. I have a JMP2204 and it's master absolutely neuters the amp. I wouldn't mind being a touch hotrodded or something like Fargen's decade switch either, although I can get what I need from an overdrive. It's a simple need but I don't know who's making this without an insane 2k+ pricetag. It seems like boutique guys are charging more and more for the simplest circuits and features. :LOL: :LOL:
Sorry for the spam, but I have a fusionbear Igor I'm selling that is exactly what you're looking for....

You'll have to build it yourself.

Grab a Valvestorm 50-watt chassis. Either mast-volume chassis or the 50-watt JMP chassis or JTM chassis. And then build it to 2204 specs. Then order a custom headshell somewhere, like Sour Mash. It will cost less than $2K. And it will be exactly what you want since you did it yourself. For a better master and a touch of the hot-rod thing, you can switch it over to a Jose master volume with whatever value diodes you want. Try like 24v (or higher) if you want to keep it closer to the stock 2204 sound, but with a touch bit more clipping at lower volumes.

In the mid 80s marshall made one. Jcm 800 2204s

I think the 70s jmp 2204 had a smaller chassis in a regular sized head shell. Buy one and build or modify a headshell?

I make 'em in a 17" wide chassis. So the head shell is normally ~20" wide. I could do smaller, especially if you want 25W, but I'd switch to a different head shell with more ventilation. PM me if you want to discuss.

For off-the-shelf stuff, perhaps look at Victory Amps.

The Egnater Seminar Amp is also quite compact.

Spaceboy":2brspx1t said:
This looks good for what you want. And cheap. :thumbsup:
Ceriatone 2202 20 watt jcm 800 clone
https://reverb.com/item/17872231-ceriat ... dium=share

Back