I kinda felt bad for this kid at GC

BRENTrocks

So I walked into my local GC today....just looking to see if they had any new cool used guitars in. I see this beautiful Heritage H150, Tobacco Burst, monster top!

I asked the guy behind the counter to check it out....he says, "ITS GOT A HEADSTOCK REPAIR!" I'm like, $1499 for a H150 with a headstock repair....NO WAY!!!

Well, there's more to the story....the store had purchased it from the original owner. The kid that bought it for the store, set it on a guitar stand behind the counter....and then later accidently knocked it off the stand, cracking the headstock! That kid must have been beside himself!!!

They had their in house tech do the repair.

The guitar needed a lot of TLC...all the hardware was rusted and pitted, the frets were heavily tarnished, the fretboard was friggin nasty and everything else was nasty too...LOL. I talked to the manager and negotiated a deal and brought it home!

I completely tore the guitar down...cleaned and polished. Installed a set of locking Grovers and a set of 57 Classics, along with a new tailpieces and ABR. Its a little over 9 lbs, 60s neck, one piece body, heavily figured top. It turned out pretty good....the repair isn't the greatest, but it plays great and has awesome tone!!!

IMG_7697 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7687 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7684 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7694 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7691 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7688 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7693 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

So I walked into my local GC today....just looking to see if they had any new cool used guitars in. I see this beautiful Heritage H150, Tobacco Burst, monster top!

I asked the guy behind the counter to check it out....he says, "ITS GOT A HEADSTOCK REPAIR!" I'm like, $1499 for a H150 with a headstock repair....NO WAY!!!

Well, there's more to the story....the store had purchased it from the original owner. The kid that bought it for the store, set it on a guitar stand behind the counter....and then later accidently knocked it off the stand, cracking the headstock! That kid must have been beside himself!!!

They had their in house tech do the repair.

The guitar needed a lot of TLC...all the hardware was rusted and pitted, the frets were heavily tarnished, the fretboard was friggin nasty and everything else was nasty too...LOL. I talked to the manager and negotiated a deal and brought it home!

I completely tore the guitar down...cleaned and polished. Installed a set of locking Grovers and a set of 57 Classics, along with a new tailpieces and ABR. Its a little over 9 lbs, 60s neck, one piece body, heavily figured top. It turned out pretty good....the repair isn't the greatest, but it plays great and has awesome tone!!!

IMG_7697 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7687 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7684 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7694 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7691 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7688 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_7693 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr
Sick fiddle !!!

Man you can’t fault anyone rocking a heritage. I’d love to have one someday. I’d choose it over an epiphone anyday!

It's a real shame what the "repairperson" did to that. It looks like some kind of epoxy used for filler. It may be solid, but if it ever lets loose and needs to be repaired again, getting all of that goop out of there will be impossible. I would have at least used splines on that.

Beautiful guitar!

Back