I kinda felt bad for this kid at GC

that tech is a fucking retard. I had a blue metal flake deluxe les paul.....late 60's or early 70's.....popped out the strap in college and BOOM. almost sheared the head off. Old timer fixed it with wood glue-and it dried CLEAR!!!!!

I used to be one of those “I’ll never buy a guitar with a head stock repair” guys.

I guess I realized over the years, especially since I started doing my own tech work and repairs, I would rather get a guitar that needs a little TLC (for a better price).

I love working on guitars. Tinkering. Swapping pickups, caps, doing fretwork, setups, headstock repairs, etc.

This Heritage was right up my alley. Needed lots of love.

I guess I see potential in this guitar that disgusts others. I guess I sniff a different cork than most.

I used to be one of those “I’ll never buy a guitar with a head stock repair” guys.

I guess I realized over the years, especially since I started doing my own tech work and repairs, I would rather get a guitar that needs a little TLC (for a better price).

I love working on guitars. Tinkering. Swapping pickups, caps, doing fretwork, setups, headstock repairs, etc.

I guess I see potential in this guitar that disgusts others. I guess I sniff a different cork than most.

There's nothing wrong with a properly done headstock repair. Unfortunately that looks anything but properly done. I just hope for your sake that it stays together.

Nice of you to do this. Did they make the kid pay for the damages? I would have been mortified if I had accidentally done that.

There's nothing wrong with a properly done headstock repair. Unfortunately that looks anything but properly done. I just hope for your sake that it stays together.
It’s solid. It just looked like shit because he gooped the filler on and didn’t bother the sand it out.

Back