I saw the craziest thing at Guitar Center today…

phillybhatesme

This kid walked in, grabbed a guitar off the wall, and bought it. Didn’t hook it up to an amp, didn’t play it, I don’t think he even strummed it.

I buy stuff online, sure, but given the opportunity to feel the guitar, I take it.

Didn’t seem to faze the employee so I wonder how often that happens. You ever just buy a guitar off the wall without playing it?

Also ended up playing an Eastwood Sidejack - really liked it - couldn’t really tell you why. It didn’t suck.

IsgxCsX.jpg

Had one of those Sidejacks in the baritone variant, and agree that they don't suck. I don't think that's the pro model though, just the standard dlx.

How do you know he wasn’t there earlier in the day playing it for an hour and came back with the cash?

I was there all day minding my own business and all day yesterday. Never saw this kid before /s

Had one of those Sidejacks in the baritone variant, and agree that they don't suck. I don't think that's the pro model though, just the standard dlx.

Yeah, pretty sure the tag is wrong and it’s just the Sidejack DLX; no binding on the Pros, methinks.

Like others said, the kid might have already been in and played the guitar , bought it later. Not a big deal considering GC return policy and I have never seen an employee demand someone play the guitar before they bought it. If that is the craziest thing you have seen at GC, you don't go there often, lol.

thats killer.. I think more people should do this. I mean I kinda did the equivalent buying a guitar in the classifieds one time...I just judged it based on looks lol but it played great and sounded great, once it arrived

I've done it. I just happened to have a few min. to kill, walked into the one in Rockville, MD and they had a maple neck, beak headstock '83 Kramer Pacer with EMGs and OFR for $225. This was 20 yrs ago, so no chance of confusing it with the newer Gibson ones. I grabbed it, walked right to the register and paid.

I bought my first new Marshall head that way.
Walked in and saw the 2203KK and paid half down for layaway.
They called me 2 hours later to say Kerry needed to use it the next week when he was flying in to do the Dime tribute at Ozzfest.
Drove right back up and taped a note to the amp asking him to sign it.
Got pics of him signing it at Vince's house the night before the show when they were rehearsing.
Two days later I picked it up a Guitar Center.
Didn't plug it in till I got home.
Now it's got Kerry King mojo in it. Everything I play when I plug into it sounds atonal, chromatic and outta key.
1_035.jpg
1_036.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve done that before. Fell in love with an acoustic there. Came back a week later with cash praying it was still there and immediately bought it. Live and let live

I’d actually buy an Ibanez Prestige without trying as long as it has the Wizard II neck . I know how it will feel . I’ve don’t that

They called me 2 hours later to say Kerry needed to use it the next week when he was flying in to do the Dime tribute at Ozzfest.
Got pics of him signing it at Vince's house the night before the show when they were rehearsing.
Now it's got Kerry King mojo in it. Everything I play when I plug into it sounds atonal, chromatic and outta key.
You never disappoint, RC!!! :hys::hys::hys:

When you see hoofprints, think horses first, not zebras.

When you see somebody march right into a music store and immediately grab and pay for some guitar and then leave, it's probably safe to assume they've already played it and made the decision to buy it beforehand, as opposed to them just stampeding through the place one time and plopping down guitar money on the first thing that enters their field of view.

I’d be more concerned about the sudden, stigmata like tribal tats spontaneously appearing and covering your arms from shoulder to knuckle. Especially worrysome is the centerpiece, ‘God Hates Amp Sims‘ on the left forearm.

I've done it. I just happened to have a few min. to kill, walked into the one in Rockville, MD and they had a maple neck, beak headstock '83 Kramer Pacer with EMGs and OFR for $225. This was 20 yrs ago, so no chance of confusing it with the newer Gibson ones. I grabbed it, walked right to the register and paid.
Heck, unlike today's Gibson, 1980's Kramer guitars are more reliable in consistency and quality .

Lol, for some reason it didn’t occur to me that time existed outside of my own vacuum and that this kid could have played that guitar at any time within the past few days. Much like how might go back for that Eastwood and simply grab it off the wall and buy it.

That guitar looks rad as fuck

It really is. Annoys me that it doesn’t come with a case/bag or even the trem bar, but the price is decent. Gimme a gig bag at least.

Back