I saw the craziest thing at Guitar Center today…

Lol, for some reason it didn’t occur to me that time existed outside of my own vacuum and that this kid could have played that guitar at any time within the past few days. Much like how might go back for that Eastwood and simply grab it off the wall and buy it.

It really is. Annoys me that it doesn’t come with a case/bag or even the trem bar, but the price is decent. Gimme a gig bag at least.
C4E856FD-ECEC-443E-BE44-744A07AF8329.gif

A friend found a 1981 Gibson Explorer w/ case for $80.00 at a Good Will.
Sometimes, thrift shops have good deals and steals .
A few years back, I seen a " Black Face " pre 1966 Fender Twin Reverb.

I did it with a Warwick bass a couple years back. Wish I didn't. 😂

And when I got my PRS I played it first for about 2 minutes then walked outside for 3 to debate it because 2 minutes prior to that I wasn't even thinking about buying a PRS, when I went back in a sales guy thought I had just walked in for the first time. I heard him get hounded by this fucking asshat customer who was telling him every aspect of Santana's gear in fucking 1978 while it was 10 minutes from closing. I told him I was going to make his night a little better, grabbed the guitar off the wall and said I'll take this. He didn't think I'd even played it yet because he was trying to run from the Santana fuck.

I did it with a Warwick bass a couple years back. Wish I didn't. 😂

And when I got my PRS I played it first for about 2 minutes then walked outside for 3 to debate it because 2 minutes prior to that I wasn't even thinking about buying a PRS, when I went back in a sales guy thought I had just walked in for the first time. I heard him get hounded by this fucking asshat customer who was telling him every aspect of Santana's gear in fucking 1978 while it was 10 minutes from closing. I told him I was going to make his night a little better, grabbed the guitar off the wall and said I'll take this. He didn't think I'd even played it yet because he was trying to run from the Santana fuck.
Ha, I did that this Christmas with a £10k watch. I couldn't make my mind up as to which colour, so they took me upstairs to a bar and got me drunk.... I told them I play the blues, so I came out with a blue one. lol!

I did that with a used bass years ago.

It was a nice ibanez for a stupid cheap price, buddy of mine who worked there called & told me about it earlier in the day.

I’ve done this with every piece of gear I’ve ever bought thus far. I’d rather try stuff out on my gear at my preferred volume than at a store or guys house. And I apparently like a super high action which makes most guitars in stores nearly unplayable.

I’d be more concerned about the sudden, stigmata like tribal tats spontaneously appearing and covering your arms from shoulder to knuckle. Especially worrysome is the centerpiece, ‘God Hates Amp Sims‘ on the left forearm.
No, you got it wrong buddy.
The tat’ reads “God Hates Wimpy Amps”.
He knows..
-like Strymon KNOWS reverb.

I bought my first new Marshall head that way.
Walked in and saw the 2203KK and paid half down for layaway.
They called me 2 hours later to say Kerry needed to use it the next week when he was flying in to do the Dime tribute at Ozzfest.
Drove right back up and taped a note to the amp asking him to sign it.
Got pics of him signing it at Vince's house the night before the show when they were rehearsing.
Two days later I picked it up a Guitar Center.
Didn't plug it in till I got home.
Now it's got Kerry King mojo in it. Everything I play when I plug into it sounds atonal, chromatic and outta key.View attachment 166408View attachment 166405

I LOVE that amp....

Back