I see a lot of new faces here

Welcome! 3++ is my kind of mark amp ! Just was playing one now
@Techdeth 👍👍 was keeping my neighbors up last night with my 3+ HRG Red Stripe.

Had to test a very old 4x12 Boogie Metal Grill cabinet loaded with its original EVM12L’s that I bought.

I’m surprised how reasonably priced those cabs are. They sound awesome and are built like a brick shitter.

Had to test a very old 4x12 Boogie Metal Grill cabinet loaded with its original EVM12L’s that I bought.

I’m surprised how reasonably priced those cabs are. They sound awesome and are built like a brick shitter.
Even the heads ! The mark 3s are up in price but still a steal compared to 2s . I’d love a metal grill cab ! So cool

Oh man what I’d give to hear that in person.

I managed to find a couple vintage EVM12Ls (like 70s) in some custom pine Thiele cabs. I don’t lust over different cabs anymore.

Oh man what I’d give to hear that in person.

I managed to find a couple vintage EVM12Ls (like 70s) in some custom pine Thiele cabs. I don’t lust over different cabs anymore.
@PansyFlowerpot I was impartial to the EVM12Ls that were in my Mark III combos, which is why I converted them all to heads.

Not sure what it is, but that vintage 4x12 Boogie cab with early 80's EVM12Ls and a closed back just slays. Especially at loud volumes.

She sure ain't much to look at and has a weight problem, but I'm content keeping her around the house.

65040E58-37F9-430B-BE4E-6C111E990899.jpeg

@PansyFlowerpot I was impartial to the EVM12Ls that were in my Mark III combos, which is why I converted them all to heads.

Not sure what it is, but that vintage 4x12 Boogie cab with early 80's EVM12Ls and a closed back just slays. Especially at loud volumes.

She sure ain't much to look at and has a weight problem, but I'm content keeping her around the house.

View attachment 150469
Yeah I bet that weighs a couple pounds…

I stumbled across this forum during a search of the interwebs for amp information... Joined up to lurk for a while.

Decided you all are a pretty decent bunch, instead of the usual cocksniffers that have seem to taken over most forums...

decided to get enough gumption to post
Welcome @Reverend Bow ! What kind of gear are you into and what is your current rig?

Welcome @Reverend Bow ! What kind of gear are you into and what is your current rig?
Thank you sir.

I am at "At Home" Guy... been plying with guitars for over 30 years... still suck.

No real High End gear
1993 American Standard Strat
2005 MIM Standard Strat
Few Squier Strats
Edwards LP (Sykes Model)
Yamaha SF-500
Couple guitars made by a local guy Johnson/Stremel S-46 Offsets
Ovation Acoustic
Ibanez 12 string acoustic
Olympia Resonator

Original Peavey Classic 30
Homebrew 6V6GT High gain amp
Homebrew 1x12 Cab
Homebrew 6AK6 amp
Homebrew 1x8 cab ported
Homebrew Tube Preamp

Too many pedals

After not playing since my late-teens picked up guitar again in mid-2020. Super original, I know. But I’ve been loving it. Currently working on teaching myself classical.

TGP has a large, active user base - Which is great but I just can’t relate to the music/gear preferences of most of the people there. SevenString is my jam. There’s a lot of knowledgable helpful people there. Just not enough regular posters and activity to justify checking in more than once or twice a week. This place seems like it might be a happy medium in those ways.

I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.
I’m old , but new . TGP are a bunch Pete Thorn / Left Wing Smug douchbags that ban for disagreeing with them . Nice to meet you .

Back