I watched a dude rip it on a cheap bullet last nite

  • Thread starter Thread starter VonBonfire
  • Start date Start date
V

VonBonfire

Well-known member
He was ripping some amazing blues n soul on one of those cheap import bullet strats. Cranked ri twin in a garage size club, with a 808 for boost and a wah wah he only used once @rsm :poke::LOL:

Whole band just smoked. It was a masterclass in blues guitar. I havent seen in-person playing on his level since seeing Lucky Peterson around 2005. The tone of the rig was cutting and his touch and control of the rig was noteworthy.:love:
20261010_194405.jpg
 
I've played a couple of those Bullet guitars that were killer, like "no way how is this so good?" good....I think they're like a 3/4 sized body too
 
I have a cheap import Squire Strat that absolutely rips, it has been side by side with many USA models and just is a magic guitar. Even the stock single coils in neck and middle are great. Put a Duncan Custom 5 in bridge. I need to rewire it one of these days.
You never know.... I bought my Daughter a cheap Indo made Squire Strat years ago, of course had to gut some of the hardware and electronics because hahahah But damn it if I don't play that guitar all the time, the neck is magic
 
I took a weekend luthier class dedicated to frets and nut work, we used $80 Chinese Strat copies, we worked them until we each had 2/32nds buzz free action across every fretted note. It was a little now for my tastes, but now I follow those procedures on all my guitars, even brand new ones.
 
I agree about Fender Squier Bullet guitars.

I picked up this Squier FSR Candy Apple Red Metallic Tele at a pawnshop for $80

My buddy really wanted it to turn it into an Esquire.

He gave me $120 for it , and that’s cool because he helps me out a lot with small gear repairs.

Here’s a pic of it, and he says he really loves it.

IMG_5691.jpeg
 
I've played a couple of those Bullet guitars that were killer, like "no way how is this so good?" good....I think they're like a 3/4 sized body too
Yeah its a smaller body. It sounded damn good but that guy is also a master and will sound good on just about anything.
 
Dude, for whatever reason I was opposed to a Les Paul shape for the longest time until I got my Hondo copy (see pic below). I know that's nowhere up to par of a true Les Paul but it's one of my most comfortable guitars to play.


View attachment 462528

Everyone needs a les paul

especially the people who say they don't like les pauls, they are who needs a les paul the most, because 99 times out of a hundred, they haven't played one that really jived with them - it might be a hondo, it might be an EII eclipse, it might be an r9, it might be a junior, but there will be one les paul style that they really bond with. There always is.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top