Ibanezrules ?

PBGas":qxq06ap4 said:
Stealthtastic":qxq06ap4 said:
PBGas":qxq06ap4 said:
Rezamatix":qxq06ap4 said:
Don't buy anything till after NAMM...

True. Not much new though this year from the catalog that I saw other than some Iron Label stuff and some hardtail axes.

That being said, Rich takes time and sets up the guitar perfectly. He does some very nice fretwork as well.

He will jack up prices on parts if they are his last one. Problem is, he has many of the parts that aren't always easy to get so you are kind of stuck that way.

There are MiJ swirled UVs inbound

Not in our Canadian catalog. I hope you are right! That would be great for those that like the swirls.

I don't know about Canadian availability but it isn't hard to import. They will be quite pricey though...

Also I'm 110% sure it is happening. Multiple colors too!

Only made 1 small purchase from him but there were no issues whatsoever and was a smooth transaction.
+1

If there's a MIJ swirl this year, I'll be stunned if the MAP is under $5,000. That just seems to be how Ibanez does things.

Stealthtastic":1eo1f73a said:
PBGas":1eo1f73a said:
Stealthtastic":1eo1f73a said:
PBGas":1eo1f73a said:
Rezamatix":1eo1f73a said:
Don't buy anything till after NAMM...

True. Not much new though this year from the catalog that I saw other than some Iron Label stuff and some hardtail axes.

That being said, Rich takes time and sets up the guitar perfectly. He does some very nice fretwork as well.

He will jack up prices on parts if they are his last one. Problem is, he has many of the parts that aren't always easy to get so you are kind of stuck that way.

There are MiJ swirled UVs inbound

Not in our Canadian catalog. I hope you are right! That would be great for those that like the swirls.

I don't know about Canadian availability but it isn't hard to import. They will be quite pricey though...

Also I'm 110% sure it is happening. Multiple colors too!

Should be interesting then! Can't wait to see!

:rock:

cardinal":1uwv7py8 said:
If there's a MIJ swirl this year, I'll be stunned if the MAP is under $5,000. That just seems to be how Ibanez does things.

I'll be stunned too. I wouldn't be surprised if they were $8-10K. I am also curious to hear who is doing the swirling.

OP:
I bought a JEM from Rich six or seven years ago. He does a great setup and he's reliable. He is my favorite new Ibanez dealer by a wide margin.

His prices on guitars go way down after namm when the new ones are coming out.

I've bought a # of parts from him too. He knows his stuff, but he also knows when things are hard to get and he'll jack up the price. Black rear mounted 7 string locknuts (found on stock rg7620s and older 7420s) he now sells for $250...while the chrome version of the same thing sells for $80.00. Yea - that's right. $250 for a locknut. I recently bought a 2002 7420 for $250 just so I could get the locknut.
Sorry for the necro, but, yes, of course when the supply of new parts for expensive guitars is gone they get expensive. Somebody with a $10,000 ATD UVMC that needs a nut is who that nut is for, not somebody that wants to try and find a cheap 7420 just to get a nut used for 20 years to put on their otherwise mint valuable MC. The alternative to that nut is the current version with 11.5mm pads and it lists for $180 so we're not talking crazy money for a new NOS part. Those are $145 and replace the nuts on 7420/7620's and I have a hard time keeping them in stock. Not everybody wants to go find a cheap used guitar to replace one part, sometimes they just want the part that will work and the parts will be available for the neck 20 years. Try buying pressure pads for a 7620 nut. Try buying the 1/2 thread bolts for the outer pads [you can always drill the pad thread out though] [yes, you can buy any pad and just grind the down to 10.5mm and make them work, I tell most everybody that]

The last pair of PMC humbuckers I had were $1000, and replacing the non original pickups with originals he probably just increased the value of the guitar by $2000. I am in business after all. Wait until I get down to my last couple original MC pickguards. NOS parts for expensive old guitars are, expensive. If you can buy a junker to get the same part more power to you. Gives you alot of spare parts for other projects, not what the typical collector of MC's wants to do though. Need a NOS grill for your Hemi Cuda restoration, how much do you think that's going to cost? [$7000, a friend of mine is in that business]

But yes, I definitely have limited space and when they discontinue models they just have to go to make room. Always a great time to buy, unless, it's something that I know I have always sold well, then I have no reason to blow them out. I blow out guitars I had poor sales on to begin with. I made the mistake of blowing out my 752DY's when they didn't replace them with anything but I can't predict what they're going to do, or not do.

I have done business with him twice. Like everybody else is saying. Great guy, great work and badass guitars.

Yea, I had to necro a thread just to address a point. Weird things you find doing google searches for something completely unrelated, just giving me the opportunity to counterpoint when somebody claims I'm overcharging for something. I'm about to necro one from the dreads of the internet [HC] where somebody actually compared me to Ed Roman. Please, I was selling mint JEM10's for $5k when he had them priced at $12.5 and would wait for a sucker to come along. But that's not what I'm addressing in that thread either ;)

Well it's definitely not all old Ibanez, even though across the board everything is bringing a little more these days. But specific models with high demand and low supply have doubled and tripled in the last decade. It's the simple rules that govern business, supply and demand. A clean [not dead mint or NOS] JEM777LNG sold for $15k 2 months ago. I've been priced out of the used guitar market, you can't buy anything and expect to make enough on it to justify the purchase price.

I will also vouch for Rich. He knows his stuff and I have learned more from him about Ibanez than any other source. I have also purchased several guitars from him.

He ships guitars better than anyone I have dealt with.

I spent so much time on Ibanezrules website back in the day dreaming and drooling over the guitars

He actually lives a couple towns away from me so I’ve gone to his place to pick up the last two purchases I made from him. Absolutely no issues and absolutely perfect transactions. Great guy

The Canadian Distributor for Ibanez is no longer. Erikson music is no longer the distributor. Kind of sucks in a way because I knew Mike there quite well and he would call me back or email me with stock numbers if I was looking for something in particular. The only issue was if you ordered the guitar from them, it would be another 2 week delay to get it to your store.

If you are getting Ibanez north of the border it is also coming from Hoshino directly now. My local store already says this is a much better setup and they are getting their orders quicker now.

https://updates.canadianmusictrade.com/hoshino-usa-canadian-distribution/

The Canadian Distributor for Ibanez is no longer. Erikson music is no longer the distributor. Kind of sucks in a way because I knew Mike there quite well and he would call me back or email me with stock numbers if I was looking for something in particular. The only issue was if you ordered the guitar from them, it would be another 2 week delay to get it to your store.

If you are getting Ibanez north of the border it is also coming from Hoshino directly now. My local store already says this is a much better setup and they are getting their orders quicker now.

https://updates.canadianmusictrade.com/hoshino-usa-canadian-distribution/
Efkay was the distributor [maybe that's Erikson music to Canadians?] But they were a joke. It will cut into parts sales North but at least your dealers [if they actually care to, most just don't want to be involved in ordering a part that costs them more to ship and duty than the part cost] now have access to one of the best parts distributors in the world. Meinl is also very good, then Japan, otherwise most countries distributors just don't care about parts.

Not only that but distributors have rank with Japan and a factory owned distributor that is also the largest distributor in the world is always going to get better and faster service than, say, Thailand.

I believe this also means Canada and the US will share the same catalog of products which will standardize North America. This will be a bad thing for some US customers where Efkay would import something popular HUSA wouldn't, but it was also Canadians that couldn't get access to something the US imported so wood flowed both ways.

don't buy an ibanez from anyone else, ever. he is one of a kind, and straight old school as fuck, in a good way. i was very happy with my 7 string that i bought from him. it was the same guitar that was used in the stock photos for that model in the catalog, and the namm shows, and got it at a discount because of that. his set ups are flawless too.

Back