• I LOVE TGP

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • CRACK KILLS

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • BIGFOOTS ARE AWESOME

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

ShitSquatch

What about a politics and religion section then the OTC General discussions could be for tomfoolery, shenanigans, grabass and donytalk?

images

~ss

I tend to agree but my guess would be that even if implemented, the political stuff will get tested and bleed over and therefore cause more work for mods cleaning up shit. Otherwise, I like it. Face it, no one on this forum is going to magically change someone else's mind politically so all the back and forth gets old fast. Lastly, most topics in the OTC 'could' have a political spin to it anyway so....

In a Rig Talk land far far away, we had an OTC. It got out of control. It was removed. It was brought back but Politics and Religion were off limits. Then they created a Politics and Religion subforum. Bad shit happened again. OTC was removed. Then it was brought back recently (largely due to @Monkey Man 's efforts. :yes:

At least that is how I remember it. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny or clarify.

Sadly, it is still on borrowed time me thinks. :(

I tend to agree but my guess would be that even if implemented, the political stuff will get tested and bleed over and therefore cause more work for mods cleaning up shit. Otherwise, I like it. Face it, no one on this forum is going to magically change someone else's mind politically so all the back and forth gets old fast. Lastly, most topics in the OTC 'could' have a political spin to it anyway so....

In a Rig Talk land far far away, we had an OTC. It got out of control. It was removed. It was brought back but Politics and Religion were off limits. Then they created a Politics and Religion subforum. Bad shit happened again. OTC was removed. Then it was brought back recently (largely due to @Monkey Man 's efforts. :yes:

At least that is how I remember it. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny or clarify.

I feel like thats about to happen again..

One could cut down on the bleedpver but the how to do that is not ideal or a very popular idea and would involve a lot of work for the staff

~ss

Hard to contain some people. You could post how you lost a speaker and before you can explain it was from an improper load somebody has gone off the rails calling House Republicans traitors..lol

Cue member who couldn’t just see this as an offhand joke, not trying to make a statement of any kind in…3……2….

It's almost like those guys don't even know https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/ exists.

:coffee:

I just did a quick sweep of the topics over at OTC General and I realized that if they DID create a link to Reddit or banned Politics and Religion - we would be left with nothing but a masterbation thread, a prison story thread, and Aynirar27's day off thread. :dunno:

Last edited:
I just did a quick sweep of the topics over at OTC General and I realized that if they DID create a link to Reddit or banned Politics and Religion - we would be left with nothing but a masterbation thread and a prison story thread. :dunno:
If you take away the TDS, there'd be nothing left.

:unsure:

I just did a quick sweep of the topics over at OTC General and I realized that if they DID create a link to Reddit or banned Politics and Religion - we would be left with nothing but a masterbation thread and a prison story thread. :dunno:
I see big things from my day off/home improvement thread

Back