IF Egnater Made a Power Amp...

EWSEthan

How many of us would get it?

I really think that if Egnater made a power amp I would change to an E2 rig. That way I could have a power regulator and compressor also in the same rack. The main reason I dont use any rack stuff is because Im too lazy to carry something else to a gig.

Sp...IF they made it, what features should it have? I say...

1) power scaling like the Rebel
2) tube type switching and assignment by midi channel (which I think the Randall power amp does right?)

guitarslinger":3fe0cw3s said:
I'm thinking four rack spaces.
gigantic transformers
8x6550
accepts EL34's, 6L6's, etc.
chrome
150 lbs.
:LOL: :LOL: That would be crazy,but cool!!!!

don't care about tube switching, but would love just a simple lower power amp that possibly is scalable, can accept different power tubes, stereo, and just sounds great!!!

would love something lighter weight then my randall RT/250

i agree.. i'd sell the mod50, and get the e2 + power amp as well..

one feature that would be awesome would be having the poweramp act as a load, so you could XLR direct out of the power amp to a board with no need for a cabinet.. like the palmer pdi-03 :)

guitarslinger":1gj9bu43 said:
gigantic transformers
8x6550
chrome
150 lbs.
Sooo.......a VHT 2100 Classic?

guitarslinger":1x0gpwgg said:
gigantic transformers
8x6550
chrome
150 lbs.

OK I think we'd need two models "Gene" and "Regular" because my back would not let me buy something with those specs. :LOL: :LOL:

EWSEthan":223okwu3 said:
guitarslinger":223okwu3 said:
gigantic transformers
8x6550
chrome
150 lbs.

OK I think we'd need two models "Gene" and "Regular" because my back would not let me buy something with those specs. :LOL: :LOL:

+1 :LOL: :LOL:

Conversely, If we're fantasizing, I'd like to see two power amps--(1) the 2-space stereo Mod 50 power section and (2) the light 1-space stereo Rebel power section. Each would come with all the trimmings: bias pts, watts knob, density, etc.

viv_savage.jpg

"That's my philosophy, Marty..."

I would like to see the following . . .

- 2-channels: EL84 channel @ 15-18watts, EL34/6L6 channel @ 30-35 watts, with independent power scaling on each channel
- input level, power scale, feedback attenuation, and presence controls for each channel
- could run each channel into a separate cab (e.g., EL84 channel into open back 1x12/2x12, and EL34 channel into 4x12) OR switch (latching? MIDI?) the channels into the same cab
- dummy loads for DI'ing/slaving (and to facilitate switching both channels into one cab)
- two rack spaces

. . . . that would be the dream power amp for me right now.

marvcus":n0gzcg78 said:
Conversely, If we're fantasizing, I'd like to see two power amps--(1) the 2-space stereo Mod 50 power section and (2) the light 1-space stereo Rebel power section. Each would come with all the trimmings: bias pts, watts knob, density, etc.

"That's my philosophy, Marty..."

:rock: I'd go for either and/or both if they ever came out with both.

I'd say two space one for the m4, and the small one for the e2. It wouldn't replace my mod50, juts add to it :cheers:

I think a poweramp with power scaling would be pretty neat. If it had something like the randall mic eliminator that'd also be cool, but just a bonus, it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Okay, let me be serious.

two seminar head power sections in one enclosure with external biasing, and enough room for any size 6550, KT88, or KT90.

Fit it in two rack spaces if possible, but don't skimp on OT size. :thumbsup:

EWSEthan":ysrcqcje said:

If they want to give me an endorsement deal on the big power amp, I'm in! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

The "Gene" model. amazing. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i also think since we are the R&D team doing all the work for bruce, we all need prototypes to test out of this said amp.

i mean, man someone has to do the hard work of seeing how many faces we can rock off with this thing.

blueburl":2ogzoie8 said:
i also think since we are the R&D team doing all the work for bruce, we all need prototypes to test out of this said amp.

i mean, man someone has to do the hard work of seeing how many faces we can rock off with this thing.
I agree with this statement 100% :rock:

Think Mod 100 power and go from there!!!!! :D although the a50/50 or 30/30 with all the above goodies would be cool!!!

Just like the usual Egnater nomenclature of MOD-50, MOD-100, REBEL-20

They could call it the GENE-1,000,000

But that would refer to how much it would make the rack weigh. :LOL: :LOL:

Back