IF I was going to get ONE more amp, what should it be...

JerEvil

I have a KSR Gemini coming in in a few moths (being built by Kyle now) and a new BE-100 arriving Friday and still have my Bottle Rocket.

What's a good VERY different flavor in contrast to these guys? Recto of some sort maybe? Definitely covered for the modded Marshall type stuff. Hughes and Kettner maybe? Mark Series? I want NO overlap! LOL!

Wizard of Ozz":3ksy37h4 said:
Mark series. Definitely. The Gemini covers the Recto area nicely.

JP2C. :yes:
Ok so I have heard the Gemini is kind of like Recto meets Uber... would you say that's accurate?

JerEvil":2dzwg6tg said:
Wizard of Ozz":2dzwg6tg said:

Ok so I have heard the Gemini is kind of like Recto meets Uber... would you say that's accurate?

Pretty much. More Mesa Recto meets Soldano SLO to me. Maybe a bit Uber, but not as mellow. I mainly use the Purple and Red modes on Lead 2 of the Gemini.

JerEvil":2iiwvku8 said:
Wizard of Ozz":2iiwvku8 said:

I think of it more as Ultralead meets Uberschall....it can range from the UL side of things to the Uber side of things and anywhere in between pretty easily. I can speak from experience, lol...

The JP-2c is on my short list. I'd be happy to sell you an Uberschall BTW :yes:

XtKzA5Mh.jpg

Mesa Mark series. IIIs and IVs can be had well under a grand, 2C+ are alot more but are way more rare and have a special feel to them. Never tried a JP2C but have heard they are also awesome. And I'm a rodded Marshall guy too but I loves me some Mesa Mark amps.

mhenson42":25ze2o67 said:
JerEvil":25ze2o67 said:
Wizard of Ozz":25ze2o67 said:

I think of it more as Ultralead meets Uberschall....it can range from the UL side of things to the Uber side of things and anywhere in between pretty easily. I can speak from experience, lol...

XtKzA5Mh.jpg
LOL! yeah the JP is on my list as well, especially if it is quite dissimilar to the Gemini. And I LOVE the UltraLead so that's a bonus.

SpiderWars":25ze2o67 said:
Mesa Mark series. IIIs and IVs can be had well under a grand, 2C+ are alot more but are way more rare and have a special feel to them. Never tried a JP2C but have heard they are also awesome. And I'm a rodded Marshall guy too but I loves me some Mesa Mark amps.
I think if I bought a Mark it'd have to be a new one or at least one still under warranty. Hell, I loved the Mark V:35 I played a few weeks ago.

Orange would give you something unique, it has its own flavor that I really dig.
I guess the newest Rockerverb 100?

Does that mean you got rid of your Dirty Shirley? Kind of in the same boat as you but opt'd for the poor mans route. Pre-ordered the PRS MT-15 to cover my lack of Recto-Uberness. Hope it works well for direct recordings.

crankyrayhanky":10sujrdo said:
Orange would give you something unique, it has its own flavor that I really dig.
I guess the newest Rockerverb 100?
Huh... haven't thought about Orange in ages.

errrrrl":10sujrdo said:
Does that mean you got rid of your Dirty Shirley? Kind of in the same boat as you but opt'd for the poor mans route. Pre-ordered the PRS MT-15 to cover my lack of Recto-Uberness. Hope it works well for direct recordings.
I did and got a KILLER price for it. Guy didn't even haggle! First thought, "he doesn't forum..."

I say something Mesa Boogie. The Mark series are awesome but I am liking the sound of the new TC-100. These are some of the better demos I've heard of the Triple Crown series:

JerEvil":3an5qci5 said:
mhenson42":3an5qci5 said:
JerEvil":3an5qci5 said:
Wizard of Ozz":3an5qci5 said:

XtKzA5Mh.jpg
LOL! yeah the JP is on my list as well, especially if it is quite dissimilar to the Gemini. And I LOVE the UltraLead so that's a bonus.

SpiderWars":3an5qci5 said:
I think if I bought a Mark it'd have to be a new one or at least one still under warranty. Hell, I loved the Mark V:35 I played a few weeks ago.
As cool as the JP is, you'd be out 2500 for a new one. For that money plus another 500 you can get the real deal, and there's a good chance its been to Mesa and Mike B recently enough that you wouldn't need to worry. If you liked the Mk V 35 you'll be floored with a real C+ IMO.

Back