IIc+ pricing...worth 10k?

I’ve been waiting for 5 figures. I have a factory DRG c+ with both the rack mount as well as a headshell. If this sells I will be throwing mine up on the block for sure.

Same with the 2 Kelley’s at almost 5 figures on reverb right now. Watching those like a hawk too.

I’ve been waiting for 5 figures. I have a factory DRG c+ with both the rack mount as well as a headshell. If this sells I will be throwing mine up on the block for sure.

Same with the 2 Kelley’s at almost 5 figures on reverb right now. Watching those like a hawk too.
Pics? :rock:

I bought a loaded original DRG for 6k a month ago. Prices are going up! And don’t think they will go down again. More and more are looking for them.

Attachments

• 569E017B-10C9-4EA5-A69C-1DC6EF30942C.jpeg
    569E017B-10C9-4EA5-A69C-1DC6EF30942C.jpeg
    984.8 KB · Views: 136
I've been toying with the idea of saving up for a factory original DRG. Yeah, worst timing ever right? But has it really come to this?

https://reverb.com/item/45445475-me...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=45445475
I don’t think prices will come back down even after the economy improves. Our dollar isn’t worth as much due to all of this inflation and other political garbage. There’s a lot of falsely subsidized discretionary spenders at the moment which due to demand and exclusivity, also drives the prices even higher.

Basically you’re waiting for many many years to grab one at a reasonable price. Never mind the rarity and increased vintage tax - basically if it’s available you should grab it while you can.

I’d toss 6.5k in their ballpark and see what they say.

It`s what someone is willing to pay but if the bottom falls out you better be sure you really like that amp. :yes: Me, Im not a mesa guy but I have a 50cal+ if I want to hear one on the cheap. Everybody scoops the mids on them cause those fender mids are god awful IMO

Last edited:
is it worth that much as a collectible or to a studio that might use it to make some money? Sure why not.

For a player, is it worth the diminishing returns of whatever special sauce there is over a Mark III/IV/V? I guess only you can judge that. I had a legit DRG C+ and a III at the same time and didn't think the C+ was all that special, but maybe I don't have golden ears or whatever.

This was my amp. Sold it about 6 months ago to a guy in Az. He drove to me to pick it up here in Ca. I gave him a smokin ass deal, but that’s kinda what I’ve always done. Good luck with that price tho. It’s a good amp. Not worth that much to me.

The guy who is asking about 10k, that was your amp?

Talking about overpriced, Mesa has always been overpriced from day 1. In reality those amps are worth maybe 3k

Talking about overpriced, Mesa has always been overpriced from day 1. In reality those amps are worth maybe 3k
10 years ago they were still 4k or so. I’m not a mesa fan at all but there’s been quite the following of them.

If you think about it, you could buy a legit 68 plexi and a Bogner XTC for the kind of money the reverb dude is asking. I personally don’t think it’s worth that much.

This was my amp. Sold it about 6 months ago to a guy in Az. He drove to me to pick it up here in Ca. I gave him a smokin ass deal, but that’s kinda what I’ve always done. Good luck with that price tho. It’s a good amp. Not worth that much to me.
How much did you sell it for if you don’t mind me asking?

$3,800.00. I paid $2,800.00. I had it listed here for about a week for 4K. Dude drove here so I helped with some gas money and I didn’t have to stress about shipping.

is it worth that much as a collectible or to a studio that might use it to make some money? Sure why not.

For a player, is it worth the diminishing returns of whatever special sauce there is over a Mark III/IV/V? I guess only you can judge that. I had a legit DRG C+ and a III at the same time and didn't think the C+ was all that special, but maybe I don't have golden ears or whatever.
Yeah, to be honest I think I missed the boat at least for now. Even at 7-8k I can't justify it. Funny because I easily have that much tied up in amps/cabs/guitars but it's such a big chunk of change for something that may appeal to me more than my III green stripe or IVb. I mean, most players regard it as the unicorn of the Mark series but at what point do you draw the line?

I doubt the bottom would drop out but I'm not in it for an investment either way. Maybe the Synergy IICP will cure all my gas :LOL:

Yeah, to be honest I think I missed the boat at least for now. Even at 7-8k I can't justify it. Funny because I easily have that much tied up in amps/cabs/guitars but it's such a big chunk of change for something that may appeal to me more than my III green stripe or IVb. I mean, most players regard it as the unicorn of the Mark series but at what point do you draw the line?

I doubt the bottom would drop out but I'm not in it for an investment either way. Maybe the Synergy IICP will cure all my gas :LOL:
I’ll just say this……. This amp sounded great. It sounded like me playing through a great amp. No better, no worse, but not different than some of my other amps honestly. That’s the truth and I learned this many years ago. I sound like me after 40 + years of playing. It’s still fun to play thru something new every once in a while though.

Back