I'm going to gig tonight with my Mark II Coliseum because..

GJgo

My metal band has an actual real live show tonight! WOOHOO!!

Deciding what gear to take to a gig is always a challenge when we have Rig Talk level options. So, for tonight I decided to annihilate the audience with my Mark IIB+ Coliseum, because who the hell does that anymore?!?! I never thought I'd play a gig with this amp but fcuk it. It's so brutal, and the venue has plenty of space for it.

Who else gigs with the baddest assed amps they own?

Anyway here's the amp-

1621096009074.gif

Why?
Because you can!!

The very first 2B Coli I had, I brought it to one gig. It was #81, not tight but had a very cool vintage sound. No limiter though; my drummer hated me it was soo loud just Barely cracked on the MV..it was super hard to control. Needless to say for Saturday I switched to one of my Marshalls haha.
Good luck at the show!

Why?
Because you can!!

The very first 2B Coli I had, I brought it to one gig. It was #81, not tight but had a very cool vintage sound. No limiter though; my drummer hated me it was soo loud just Barely cracked on the MV..it was super hard to control. Needless to say for Saturday I switched to one of my Marshalls haha.
Good luck at the show!
I hope you booted that drummer. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.

Last night kicked ass!! Had a super full crowd of awesome energetic people that were DYING for a show, and all three bands sounded fantastic!

The Coli though, man, that thing just BLEEDS tone. After the show I had numerous people including the soundman & club manager tell me that our tone was excellent :D

Putting together some pics & vids to share on our socials @TIGHTEN.metal if anyone is interested. I'll share a YT link here once I have something worthwhile.

RaceU I had a Mimiq for a little while. It was a cool pedal! Not sure if I want the complication of gigging with a stereo rig honestly..

Funny thing is, that works in your favor. Nobody who is not a dedicated gear head would even know what a Larry is, so all the nefarious gear thieves will target Marshalls and Mesas instead. Hidden in plain sight!
I've had that thought in passing a couple times, and I think you're right.

Although, everyone has google on their phones nowadays, so maybe it isn't as incognito as I would wish.

Either way, I don't let it out of my sight at gigs because it's obviously irreplaceable.

But the (admittedly) few local fans deserve the best I can do to make the show kickass 🤷‍♂️

Back