Incoming NGD! Epiphone Alex Lifeson Les Paul Ruby Red

Really want to play one of these, could never find one in a store...seems like they sell out as soon as they come in. Looking forward to what you think.

I'm really interested to hear your review of this guitar. I got a hold of a used Joe Bonamassa Lasarus and I am blown away by the tone and the complete guitar. It came with USA Burstbucker 2 and 3's, CTS pots, and Mallory caps. Sadly I've owned custom shop guitars that didn't measure up to this one!

Attachments

• 20230705_110120.jpg
    20230705_110120.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
  • 20230705_110127.jpg
    20230705_110127.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 54
I'm really interested to hear your review of this guitar. I got a hold of a used Joe Bonamassa Lasarus and I am blown away by the tone and the complete guitar. It came with USA Burstbucker 2 and 3's, CTS pots, and Mallory caps. Sadly I've owned custom shop guitars that didn't measure up to this one!
Beautiful Lazarus!!

I personally find it funny about Epiphone making a big deal about using CTS pot like they're anything special. It's not like they even use the same kind of pots as Gibson either.

My early birthday gift 🎁 arrived 😃 Super nice guitar and the case is is really nice too! String height is a little high for my taste, I've got used to lighter guage strings and having the string height/action as close as possible without buzzing. Will report back more once I've had more time with it. I'll have to save up money to take it and have a setup done.
20231021_232203~2.jpg

Man what a sweet color! Gold hardware too! Even when my axe got nickel or chrome I order gold if I want some different pickups or tuners. Wish I had birthdays like that! Congrats @Charvel1975 and happy birthday.

My early birthday gift 🎁 arrived 😃 Super nice guitar and the case is is really nice too! String height is a little high for my taste, I've got used to lighter guage strings and having the string height/action as close as possible without buzzing. Will report back more once I've had more time with it. I'll have to save up money to take it and have a setup done.View attachment 259056
Nice congrats! It's beautiful I'm curious how the pickups sound? I received my email that they are in stock and I went on Sweetwater's website and they're already on backorder again. How much does it weigh also?

Congrats!!! Epic guitar and epic case! I was looking at that one myself, but settled on a used Epi with floyd. Trew some dimarzios in there and a lo pro floyd in. That Lifeson is roughly the start of Epiphone finally putting the bridge pick up where it belongs. I hate it when manufactures put it too far from the bridge, like Jackson soloists (the pro, not the x series), my old ESP ltd. A while back, guitar center was selling floyded epi les pauls with the bridge pu a full inch or something out in front of the bridge, sounded like someone permanently fucked with the pu selector switching! Next step for me is the Feline steel sustain block and the new lok n rol nut. Red bishop maybe later. Those pickups hot enough?

Back