Is Customer Service Dead?

El Mariachi

Hey Guys,

I just had THE WORST experience with a shop in Alabama.
I called to get support and instead I got an earful of condescending and insulting jabs.
I've always stuck to a couple of key dealers. In this case, I thought I'd give these guys a chance... Man, I won't make that mistake again.

Support on what? These shops are there to sell gear not really give support, shouldn't you talk to the manufacturer?

Did you buy the piece of gear from the shop?
If yes, did the person on the phone know this?

7af1e3ca9bfef2e824ebf57d8d7d463e.jpg

Someone experiencing problems in the deep south is no surprise to me.

Not if you buy something from Friedman. Dave even answers emails on Sundays from people who bought his stuff used and even helps them with getting problems resolved. Dave Friedman has managed to have built the better mouse trap with his amazing products and customer service. I will proudly wear my Friedman fan boy shirt and I am not drinking any Friedman Kool Aid. I have just been around the block enough times to know a standout when I come across one.

7af1e3ca9bfef2e824ebf57d8d7d463e.jpg

Someone experiencing problems in the deep south is no surprise to me.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I didn't want to get to deep and I left a lot of details out. I was still really heated when I wrote this.

Yes. I purchased a high end guitar. It arrived damaged. Initially I dealt with the builder and got great support. But I had to work with this dealer to finalize some details. It's a small shop and I was dealer with the owner. It was probably my worst experience as a consumer ever.

The builder provided all the details of what had transpired. Most likely, the guitar was damaged during shipping. The dealer was instantly on the defensive. Told the builder that I was probably just wanting to try the guitar out and then ship it back.
When I spoke with the dealer he accused me of screwing up the guitar myself. Said that I shouldn't have been talking to the builder. That he had my money and that he was my only hope of ever seeing it again. I'm still leaving a lot out but you get the idea.

Agreed with everything about the builders and dealers mentioned above. Friedman, Bogner, Wildwood, & Sweetwater. All amazing to deal with.

I'm not making a blanket statement. I'm shocked at how I was treated by this dealer in particular.

Last edited:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I didn't want to get to deep and I left a lot of details out. I was still really heated when I wrote this.

Yes. I purchased a high end guitar. It arrived damaged. Initially I dealt with the builder and got great support. But I had to work with this dealer to finalize some details. It's a small shop and I was dealer with the owner. It was probably my worst experience as a consumer ever.

Basically he accused me of screwing up the guitar myself. Said that I shouldn't have been talking to the builder. That he had my money and that he was my only hope of ever seeing it again. I'm still leaving a lot out. It was really bad.
Jesus!! What a guy, huh?!? Did he package it poorly?

Not if you buy something from Friedman. Dave even answers emails on Sundays from people who bought his stuff used and even helps them with getting problems resolved. Dave Friedman has managed to have built the better mouse trap with his amazing products and customer service. I will proudly wear my Friedman fan boy shirt and I am not drinking any Friedman Kool Aid. I have just been around the block enough times to know a standout when I come across one.
Dave is the best customer service in the business!!! He always gets back to you fast!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The builder provided all the details of what had transpired. Most likely, the guitar was damaged during shipping. The dealer was instantly on the defensive. Told the builder that I was probably just wanting to try the guitar out and then ship it back.
When I spoke with the dealer he accused me of screwing up the guitar myself. Said that I shouldn't have been talking to the builder. That he had my money and that he was my only hope of ever seeing it again. I'm still leaving a lot out but you get the idea.

Agreed with everything about the builders and dealers mentioned above. Friedman, Bogner, Wildwood, & Sweetwater. All amazing to deal with.

I'm not making a blanket statement. I'm shocked at how I was treated by this dealer in particular.
Geez, they do sound like Aholes!

It seemed to be packed fine. Just wasn't willing to make things right. Instead, took things into the gutter.
I'm not sure how that dealer helps his situation with making it right for you the buyer. I mean, the insurance on the shipping is from the dealer or the builder, he still has to be involved to file a claim. Being a dick isn't going to help, and then threads like this appear. These threads will make people want to know who the dealer is. An attitude from the dealer isn't going to help.

I guess maybe he hasn't been in your shoes for awhile.

The devil's in the details! Thanks for the explanation.
Any chance of disclosing the nature of the damage?
Was it a UPS or Fedex carrier?

There are those out there that still provide good cust service. Peters is one that comes to mind that I've had good experience with. As another example we went with a local cabinet Co. for new cabinets throughout our new home build and they have been amazing. They're out there but you need to sift through the shitheads that are only out for the sale.

Hey Guys,

I just had THE WORST experience with a shop in Alabama.
I called to get support and instead I got an earful of condescending and insulting jabs.
I've always stuck to a couple of key dealers. In this case, I thought I'd give these guys a chance... Man, I won't make that mistake again.
Where at man? I'll avoid, as I am in Florida...

Dave does go the extra mile. 4 years ago I picked up a very early BE 100; one of the Metro wired PTP versions. Had a really cool mod to make it more open and raw like a good stock Marshall. The half power switch went on the fritz; I messaged Dave here on his sub forum and within 30 minutes he got back to me. Told me exactly what to replace and sent me a pic of it. Now that's customer service.

Back