It’s time to upgrade the board

Chillax, brothers.

Steven
Make sure cookies are enabled-and-retained (don't delete). Since the board's upgrade I've found that threads need to be "reset". That is, the point to which you've read has been lost through the board's upgrade process AFAICT.

Probably also best, once "reset" as described, to click on the main thread links and not the page numbers below them.

ML
You read a thread - it "unbolds".
Someone adds to the thread - it "bolds" again.

Very-handy 'cause you can tell at a glance which threads have been added to since you last read.

If you want to reset everything so only newly-updated threads become bolded from a given point in time onwards (like... now), hit the "Mark Read" button top-right of each subforum.

If you click the "New Posts" link as your M.O. as many here do, you can use the "Mark forums read" button to achieve the same reset, but this time across all subforms.

HTH fellas. :thumbsup:

Another cool feature is that if you are typing a Reply in a thread, it appears that you can leave the thread and when you come back later it is still there waiting for you to hit Submit.

PM'ing people and tracking PMs seems a bit less intuitive but not a biggie.

What’s the deal with profile messages not being private? You can click new profile posts at the top of the forum and see people’s classified information being traded including tracking numbers for items. You need to fix this ASAP. Profile messages should remain private for the safety of all.

^ That is pretty messed up. It can't possibly be 'all' Profile Posts. For one, I'm sure there are a lot more then what is shown (at least volume back to Sunday for example) and second, I personally have PMs in that time that I don't see there. So wondering if there is a setting or something?

Also, I see a potential troll/fake due to asking the same exact question to multiple people. 50 post count rule doesn't seem to be in affect either but didn't look that hard.

Last edited:
Hello,

Those were people writing posts on someone's profiles, which is public and different from private messages.
In order to avoid confusion, I've disabled them and now one can only start private conversations.

Thanks for notifying this to me, I did not realize people would be confused by this.

^ I figured it was something logical like that.

The other cool thing I've noticed is that if you type up a reply in a forum thread and leave - it is still there even if you've moved onto other threads and such. I think. Might be good for those who get triggered easily and need to sit in the corner for a bit before fully executing on their reply :D

Correct weight, Brother 311.

Yeah, the confusion above seems to be about the equivalent of "wall comments". Personally I'd have left the feature intact but of course some are always going to pay some sort of price for not being aware of how things work.

Nico probably made the right call, erring on the side of caution.

Correct weight, Brother 311.

Yeah, the confusion above seems to be about the equivalent of "wall comments". Personally I'd have left the feature intact but of course some are always going to pay some sort of price for not being aware of how things work.

Nico probably made the right call, erring on the side of caution.

MM

YEP :cheers:

test....I typed this up 6:38 CST

Left. Posted in other threads. Came back at 9:48pm and this test was still here. Cool. Posting now 9:49

Yup, it works.

On some boards you get a little checkbox within the posting window that allows you to delete what you've written; it's called a draught, which makes sense.

This software doesn't seem to have the feature (unless Nico disabled it to help keep things simple for we lowly cock rockers).

In order to erase what one's written I've found that replacing it with a hyphen (or something - has to be something) and repeatedly reloading the page eventually gets rid of the draught, but man, it's a sticky SOB.

Am I the only one totally lost now on how to start private convos? I don't seem to have the ability to DM anymore...

Am I the only one totally lost now on how to start private convos? I don't seem to have the ability to DM anymore...
It's called a 'conversation' now

here:

PM.JPG

It's called a 'conversation' now

here:

View attachment 66648

Right, I can see that icon. but when I click it, there isn't any kind of option to "start a new conversation" with a person. I also cannot tell how to start a conversation with another person from their own profile - there isn't an envelope link to use.

Would you mind sending me a convo to confirm things are still working? What options in my profile do you see to start a convo with me?

If you click on a member profile, don't you see a "Start conversation" link in the popup window?

Right, I can see that icon. but when I click it, there isn't any kind of option to "start a new conversation" with a person. I also cannot tell how to start a conversation with another person from their own profile - there isn't an envelope link to use.

Would you mind sending me a convo to confirm things are still working? What options in my profile do you see to start a convo with me?
Yep. I'll send you one. Hover over the name for a second.
Like this:
PM2.JPG

Thanks 311splawndude, I got your DM.

I think there are new limitations based on post count that new forum software introduced. I've been here since 2009 and have been in/out of the classifieds for more than a decade, but suddenly I'm not allowed to DM anyone.

Thanks 311splawndude, I got your DM.

I think there are new limitations based on post count that new forum software introduced. I've been here since 2009 and have been in/out of the classifieds for more than a decade, but suddenly I'm not allowed to DM anyone.
Yep. You only have 49 posts. I didn't realize that was a hard rule. Make a few more and then try to initiate a new PM (Convo) to me.

Back