It's done!

stephen sawall":2d3lwid5 said:
Right on Dave .... I was wondering if you made it to the final cut.
He almost didn't since I was gonna leave the tune off he played on since i was running out of bread hard. But thanks to amp sales I was able to finish it. Thing is I was driving around with the roughs and everytime that tune came on i was bumming that I had to kill it...so I figured who needs to eat? :)

I do not know if I can afford to feed Lucy, but if you and the wife get hungry I well buy the pizza .... if I get a few slices. Same with your family Dave. :confused: :scared:

From what I have heard this may be your best work.
Any chance you doing any of the new material at the next clam bake ?

stephen sawall":1oxhmep8 said:
I do not know if I can afford to feed Lucy, but if you and the wife get hungry I well buy the pizza .... if I get a few slices. Same with your family Dave. :confused: :scared:

From what I have heard this may be your best work.
Any chance you doing any of the new material at the next clam bake ?
I was exaggerating,but appreciate the thought.
You know, we have done one rehearsal this year...so unless we get off our ass it's unlikely, that said I was thinking of adding a few in the near future.
And I KNOW it's my best work. But if it wasn't that be insane since if you play with the most happening rhythm sections in the world it's like standing on the shoulders of giants. It makes you VERY tall. ;)
Now if other's will dig it is another story. But FWIW, one of my fave comments was from George who played organ on 2 tunes, mixed 4 tunes, and mastered it. He also was the keyboard player for the Brecker Brothers, Oz Noy, Grover Washington Jr. etc... he told me that the album is incredibly strong between how deep it is and the virtuoso playing. That went down like baby food....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy!

There is a much more modern feel to what I have heard. I noticed your avatar and the cover are different ....
..... whats up with that ? Dave told me you guys do not do a lot of practice. How little kind of thew me off.
I took it as exaggeration ~ not the great players part.

stephen sawall":vgvlcm7p said:
There is a much more modern feel to what I have heard. I noticed your avatar and the cover are different ....
..... whats up with that ? Dave told me you guys do not do a lot of practice. How little kind of thew me off.
I took it as exaggeration ~ not the great players part.
I don't like to rehearse my band, it's improvised music what's the use?
But if I wanna do this record there's no way around it. Actually there are gonna be some serious woodshed moments for the rhythm section. :)

The avatar was the original cover concept, the one in my sig is the final cover.

stephen sawall":3i7o6uza said:
The sound on Avenue D and Matte's Bible Camp is very cool.
As well as many of the the others.
Bible Camp is my fave tunes, when Matte played it for me I knew I had to have it on the album. And Avenue D I think is where I want to be at in terms of Fusion meets modern sounds. But yeah, I couldn't have done this if I didn't have Chris and Matte write for me. I spent 6 times what I spent on Dog House on this, and even if I only sell 100 copies it was worth it.

I do not envy Fritz at all if digs into some of this stuff.
.... or the other guys as far as that goes. There is a lot going on.

stephen sawall":3951oxl8 said:
I do not envy Fritz at all if digs into some of this stuff.
.... or the other guys as far as that goes. There is a lot going on.
For one thing I have to hire a keyboard player to this material, plus break out the guitar synth.
As for the drumming there is some seriously wack stuff on there especially on the tracks that have Minnemann drumming.

OT ... Plexi is on 140. What is normal and what is variac settings. I take it I do not need to bias or anything else ?

stephen sawall":itcokwkq said:
OT ... Plexi is on 140. What is normal and what is variac settings. I take it I do not need to bias or anything else ?
Unless you change tubes that is, remimd me tomorrow and I send you bias instruction sheet.
140 is the variac setting, amp sees 90 volts. 110 is normal.

tweed":l9xwhm5p said:
Ordered!!

Can't wait to get this one Ed!!! :rawk:
I saw that. Thanks...you know what's hilarious, I saw this on 2 other forums today, is guys actually posting that they ordered it. except, I see where the orders go. :) Go figure...

Back