Jackson American Series SL2

I dig and hope they continue with hardtails. I prefer a gloss finish, the original inlay positioning, and binding, but the prices of these should be good in the used market and when the chain stores start blowing them out.

I think it could be worse. They addressed a lot here. It has nice tuners, stainless frets, the vol knob isn't right under the bridge pup and the fingerboard is factory rolled. I didn't catch if it was US made but a sl2 is likely an import.

They always have to do something dumb after something better. SS frets: great, but at the expensive of SATIN finishes? Fuck them, and their $2600 and case that doesn't fit right. Resale drops like a rock to boot.

Last edited:
Difference between this and American Select Series?

No mention of an American Select series.

The American Series guitar are "made" in Corona CA. But are not allowed to use the Made in USA logo on the headstock because apparently most of the parts do not come from the US.

What does this mean?

Well possibly, the neck and bodies may be CNC'ed in Mexico and then hand assembled and finished in CA, who knows. But Jackson does have the USA Series which have the made in USA logo.

No mention of an American Select series.

The American Series guitar are "made" in Corona CA. But are not allowed to use the Made in USA logo on the headstock because apparently most of the parts do not come from the US.

What does this mean?

Well possibly, the neck and bodies may be CNC'ed in Mexico and then hand assembled and finished in CA, who knows. But Jackson does have the USA Series which have the made in USA logo.
Need to play one of these, but an ESP Eii may be a better buy. C’mon Jackson….

I think they are overpriced for what you are getting. Here is a review of the american series sl3 and virtuoso, and both have spring noise coming through. Not a big deal, but you would think for a 2k plus guitar, quality control would be better.

I used to think Shark Fin Inlays were the shit, but not anymore.. Now I prefer nothing on the Fret Board..
Still a nice Guitar and seemingly unchanged since the 80's..

I think they are overpriced for what you are getting. Here is a review of the american series sl3 and virtuoso, and both have spring noise coming through. Not a big deal, but you would think for a 2k plus guitar, quality control would be better.

Huge Velveeta wasn’t too impressed with ‘em .

Gosh i cant believe Jackson usa series is heading to that direction, i still prefer the old Jackson usa select series 10 to 20 years ago that was probably the golden years of Jackson guitars....

Back