Jackson Greed thread

I think more people are working the gig type jobs. My wife drives for Uber and now they are getting less money and there are more drivers lately. So lots of people will likely quit.
Employers definitely need to pay more. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing two headlines from the same company one complaining they can't employees more and then others are boasting of record profits.

I will say I've been window shopping for a Rhoads for awhile and usually the Indonesian thing always makes me nervous.

Guitars are unlike Amps. Amps are more exclusive in that the design is what it is and it doesn't change. Meaning if you want the Fryette sound, you buy one.
Guitars OTOH are more open to be manipulated with parts. It doesn't need to be a Jackson.. Plenty of Guitar makers out these that put out a good product. I've had my Schecter Apocalypse 7 for 5 years now and it's the best sounding Guitar I've ever owned.. I paid $1119

1a19e50c-94b5-4499-90d4-888f0d44f1c5.jpg

The op wasn't discussing if a quality guitar could be found cheap...this is a Jackson thread.

Last edited:
I question the reasoning on this.. The desire to acquire a name brand who's original owners are long gone points to blind loyalty..

If it absolutely needs to be a Jackson., then bend over..

troll.jpg

I don’t ever remember USA Custom Shop being obtainable but I do remember selling (working retail) USA RR’s and SL1’s in the 90’s for about $1200 or so. Even then when I tried to get a quote for Custom it was over 3k easily.

Last edited:
What was crazy about Custom shop was, if you just wanted a simple change that wasn’t production, they would start at a base for any changes at around $2800 or so and add from there, and this was back in the 90’s. I had my heart set on getting their firebird style guitar with a thick neck carve after trying one at a NAMM and the cost was just too much. I would have loved a King V with a thicker neck too but nope.
I drove to BC Rich (Senior was still alive at this time, very cool dude and Junior took great care of me) in that period and ordered a custom V with a widow headstock (first one ordered with that at the time). Got the neck shape I wanted, color, pickups, wood choice I wanted, totally custom and it cost me $1600.

P.S also learnt that driving a rented convertible Camaro, top down, in Summer, a few hours up 15 is a real bad idea if you care about sunburn…lol

Last edited:
Even the USA Select program is a joke, stupid expensive, limited options (I was told a crazy price for a reverse pointy headstock), it's a left handed neck with the logo and side dots done righty, are you kidding me ??? And stupid wait times. The ship has sailed...

remember the thread where i tested RASMUS guitar...well this is identical guitar, probably from the same factory in china, + roasted neck, korean pickups not suhrs but they sound good in a video.....half the money ! .... and, on a second hand market....worthless !...100$

that was my point in previous thread anyway...guitars do not need to be helle-expensive...

i get wages and stuff...but...if we start overpaying chinese stuff....their workers are not going to see that difference in price anyway...so who are we making rich here ...???
same goes for US workers...do we know their wages ?

for all we know, they could be working for peanuts as well...and all extra profit goes to the boss...ie...bunch of fatcats that have too much already !

Reactions: Geo
IMHO, everything music related is over priced right now. It has been for several years. $4K for a tube amp. Guitars are starting a $1K for a decent "budget" model. This has priced me out of a few things. If you have the disposable income... go for it. I have other priorities that don't allow for that kind of spending... (mainly kids and trying to eventually retire..lol!)

Yes, inflation and supply chain shortage are definitely playing apart. However, prices were increasing before this current situation started. Again, if you have the money to burn... burn away. I'm a weekend warrior on a budget. :)

Back