Jackson Greed thread

It wasn't always a big business model at Jackson and some of us were lucky enough to reap all that...
not that im inventing anything here but...trust me friend, it was ALWAYS big bussines model but they (ceo manager crowd) are getting bolder and bolder...

...and frankly, after seeing collections of NEW guitars some of you guys have...its no wonder that they feel they can get away with it !!!

GAS is not equal to gluttony...

Lucky I got in a long time ago. One esp, one bc rich, one dean and three Jackson’s. All custom shop. Prices weren’t cheap then either but better.

Attachments

• DSC06554 (1).JPG
    DSC06554 (1).JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
IMHO, everything music related is over priced right now. It has been for several years. $4K for a tube amp. Guitars are starting a $1K for a decent "budget" model. This has priced me out of a few things. If you have the disposable income... go for it. I have other priorities that don't allow for that kind of spending... (mainly kids and trying to eventually retire..lol!)

Yes, inflation and supply chain shortage are definitely playing apart. However, prices were increasing before this current situation started. Again, if you have the money to burn... burn away. I'm a weekend warrior on a budget. :)
Gone to buy a new car last 10 years?

Greed knows no bounds these days. I’ve noticed it wildly spreading like an out of control wild fire. It’s a plague that has even spread to our fellow guitarists. It’s all over reverb, noticed some on the gear page, yet the last beacon of hope is the lone standout in this insidious global pandemic of the greatest heights of greed and that is Rigtalk! We must stand strong.

Last edited:
I own a music store, and the Jackson resurgence lately has blown my mind! My 15 year old son, who plays, said it’s because of all the Youtube “influencers” (whatever that means) are using them. I’ve sold more Jacksons in the last 3 months, than Ive sold since 2005. There is a silver lining though, maybe we’re going into another 80’s/early 90’s phase where nobody wants their Les Pauls anymore! I miss the days of a $400 pawn shop LP Standard

I own a music store, and the Jackson resurgence lately has blown my mind! My 15 year old son, who plays, said it’s because of all the Youtube “influencers” (whatever that means) are using them. I’ve sold more Jacksons in the last 3 months, than Ive sold since 2005. There is a silver lining though, maybe we’re going into another 80’s/early 90’s phase where nobody wants their Les Pauls anymore! I miss the days of a $400 pawn shop LP Standard
Slash well and truly fucked us all...and made LP expensive again !!!:ROFLMAO:

Black Market music is SF and LA had hundreds of used Les Paul’s for so cheap in the 90s. It was nuts! Also many killer vintage strays. And many 80s super strats for next to nothing!! My friend bought up a ton of old charvela, esp, Jackson and Hamer for next to nothing. They were highly undesirable and super uncool at the time. Wish I had done that. They also had Marshall half stacks for $750 and they had SO MANY!!!

Can I order a new USA RR1T from you? Hook a homie up? LOL

I used to buy from Black Market music back in the day. Awesome place
Too bad the owner lost his mind and the business collapsed. He was throwing massive parties a few times a week is his mansion in the Hollywood hills, blowing the roof off!

I remember Japanese buyers in there with a few of their employees, rattling off rapid fire Japanese, and each guy had a bunch of guitars in each hand. They would buy 40 or 50 guitars at a time.

I got so much killer gear from that place!!

Too bad the owner lost his mind and the business collapsed. He was throwing massive parties a few times a week is his mansion in the Hollywood hills, blowing the roof off!

I remember Japanese buyers in there with a few of their employees, rattling off rapid fire Japanese, and each guy had a bunch of guitars in each hand. They would buy 40 or 50 guitars at a time.

I got so much killer gear from that place!!
Damn, that sounds badass!!

Back