Jet City Epic Tone mods?

ledvedder

I'm looking into the different mods available for my amp. I know there use to be a modder called BFG, but they don't seem to be active anymore.

I've heard of Epic Tone, and they seem to have a ton of mods available. I'm just curious if anyone has used them and what their experience was like? Any favorite mods? They have one called Cap'n Crunch/Silver Hammer that sounds interesting. And also a bunch of Friedman stuff.

Last edited:
I saw that guy Epic on a FB page. I don’t know him, but he was actually one of the few people I worried about when I gave away my JCA20 mods because I felt he would sell them as his own or help his own mods sound better.

Last edited:
I saw that guy on a FB page. I don’t know him, but he was actually one of the few people I worried about when I gave away my JCA20 mods because I felt he would sell them as his own or help his own mods sound better.
Yeah yours sounds great! Is that more toward the Friedman style?

Yeah yours sounds great! Is that more toward the Friedman style?
No. I actually had Mark Cameron help me years ago. He would give me ideas and I would try them and keep what I liked. I did the power section mods verbatim. I used my CCV’s high gain channel as a guide. It’s really close, but EL84’s will never sound like EL34’s ?

No. I actually had Mark Cameron help me years ago. He would give me ideas and I would try them and keep what I liked. I did the power section mods verbatim. I used my CCV’s high gain channel as a guide. It’s really close, but EL84’s will never sound like EL34’s ?
What power section mods did you do?

I provided a link in one of your other threads with full and complete pictures. Everything is there.
Great stuff.. I found your demo on YT and bought one to mod but ended up getting a BFG at a good price so I haven't modded it yet but plan to do something to it someday.

But I searched and searched and didn't find anything on your mods. Glad I finally found this forum. Here is the link to the thread
https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/here-are-the-mods-i-did-to-my-jca20.210440/page-2

I saw that guy Epic on a FB page. I don’t know him, but he was actually one of the few people I worried about when I gave away my JCA20 mods because I felt he would sell them as his own or help his own mods sound better.
Scrolling through posts as I haven't been active here in a while.

I have known Bryce (Epic) for quite a few years now. He's a good dude and really knows his stuff. I wouldn't worry about him stealing designs as he has a ton up his sleeve already. I believe his is an EE and his career centers around that, but don't quote me on it. He contracts with Jet City for all the warranty work and the factory mods, and I'm pretty sure he's active in doing revised amps to give JC a revival since they've been idle for the past year or so. I've worked with him in developing/finishing mods for Jet City's Amelia amp (basically applying his ideas and being the test mule). Having said that, it isn't unreasonable to assume a portion of his mods are deconstructed from mods other people have already done, as a ton of other guys in the industry casually do anyway.

So yes, I do have positive bias (no pun intended) towards Bryce/Epic, but I have had nothing but positive dealings with him from the start. Take it as you will...

[/QUOTE

Yeah everyone wants your mods. Fucking moron.

LOL, Yeah, OK.....:doh:
Not to slag Epic or Jet City, but If you've heard a better sounding Jet City than Psycodave's amp, I'd love to hear it....
That amp fukking kills , and there is some amp mod gold posted in that thread if you understand whats going on under the hood. :rock:
All he was saying at the time was "don't be a chump" and do a "FORTIN" with the info and sell it as your own latest and greatest design.
Sure.... that kinda shit goes on all the time, but it doesn't make it cool.
I mean, fuk me that Ceriatone guy should be sending royalty checks to the guys at SLO Clone :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
LOL, Yeah, OK.....:doh:
Not to slag Epic or Jet City, but If you've heard a better sounding Jet City than Psycodave's amp, I'd love to hear it....
That amp fukking kills , and there is some amp mod gold posted in that thread if you understand whats going on under the hood. :rock:
All he was saying at the time was "don't be a chump" and do a "FORTIN" with the info and sell it as your own latest and greatest design.
Sure.... that kinda shit goes on all the time, but it doesn't make it cool.
I mean, fuk me that Ceriatone guy should be sending royalty checks to the guys at SLO Clone :LOL::LOL::LOL:
PsychoDave's amp indeed sounds amazing! Unfortunately, my modding skill level is still somewhere between beginner and intermediate, so I prefer to mod with some instruction. I'm very happy with the Epic mods that I've done, along with Bryce's service throughout the process. I'd love to perform PsychoDave's mods on my amp someday, but until I learn more, I'm not very versed at "knowing what's under the hood".

Back