Judas Priest have just scored their highest charting album ever with Invincible Shield

Man, they are killing it live. I hope they make a DVD from this tour! I really like the set list.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTS
Please enlighten us as to how being gay "elevates" someone's societal status... and what's your definition of the term "societal status"?

I love JP because their music kicks ass. Been a fan of theirs since '78. When Halford came out as gay, it made no difference to me.
I was going to say the same thing. The album sounds amazing. If anything, it is because he is in his 70s and still singing better than most metal singers.

Much in the way we allow that self loathing closet dweller Geo to remain a Rigtalk member.

closet still in but comes out to friends when blackout drunk.jpg

Anyhow....Back on topic
This record is crushing.
I love JP and learned the basics of guitar playing from sad wings to screaming [and sabbath /vh etc]
For me it's impossible to name a fave or a "best".
I'll say that pour moi this record destroys firepower by a wide margin.
I am lucky enough to have seen JP live with kk a few times AND Halford with Russ Parish pre satchel [FIGHT} in a small club.

The first JP I heard was Stained Class when it was first released. piled into the back of a 4-door maverick in the middle of winter with the heat on full blast....purchased the LP in the next few days.

They lost me at after Screaming for Vengeance because Metallica, Slayer,...

I saw JP and IM more than a few times together, and honestly, always enjoyed IM more.

Reactions: Geo
Back