Just bought a 1985 2204!!!

Yup

Been there done that also. This one is staying !!!!!

Cleans are really good on thia too!!!! I was very surprised.
Me too! For a while I only gave non-vintage, current made boutique amps a chance, thinking they must be better than the “outdated” vintage stuff lol. I fell stupidly for the bs marketing and have learned since then. Only a small handful of non-vintage stuff turned out to be the real deal for me

Oh i am sure it sounds as deep as a 100. Lots of low end and bigness, played my 5153 after and oufff, was like where is the oomph gone!!!! Lol

Sounded thin compared to the 800!!!
Nice. I have a 2203 clone (with depth control) I built years ago, but have been considering building a 2204 clone with higher quality parts. Having that low end ca-chunk is mandatory :D

Are those later 1985 Canadian vertical input JCM800s internally the same as the early US ones or is it just cosmetics and the resemble the horizontal input ones?
I'm not sure..but that 78 SLP with the laydown PT had the early 70s T2652....but the 82 2104 had the higher voltage PT that was current (other 82/83s have had the same version). The one difference is the fuse board, and the 4/8 ohm only taps.

Me too! For a while I only gave non-vintage, current made boutique amps a chance, thinking they must be better than the “outdated” vintage stuff lol. I fell stupidly for the bs marketing and have learned since then. Only a small handful of non-vintage stuff turned out to be the real deal for me
Yeah, the simpler The better. Less crap in the chain equals better tone. Imo. But we all love channel switchers for versatility, i am guilty myself, be i sacrifice tone for that.

Peters amps is one of the few that gets my vote for doing everything right.

Hey Chris! Nice amp! I still have my 81 jcm800 2203. Best amp i ever played. Will never let it go!

Hey Chris! Nice amp! I still have my 81 jcm800 2203. Best amp i ever played. Will never let it go!
Thanks man.

I installed it in my WDW rig with effects. Fuck me. It sounds soooo. Good. It is here to stay!!!!

I compared it with my Peters FSM..... Man, the Peter's nails that sound. I have KT88's in it right now and damn. It is a killer amp and very versatile with the 3 channels. Has that mid bark and aggression of the Marshall.

Back