Just bought a 1985 2204!!!

7 Stringer

Canadian edition with metal switches. Damn does it sound aggressive. First time owning one. Boosted with my SD1... Pffff. Nothing compares!!!!!
16827444014886415432194227655207.jpg

received_777818163711991.jpeg

Awesome. 2204 is probably my favorite all around amp of all time. Couple pedals and you can do anything.

Always catches me off guard that the Canadian versions stayed with the vertical input design years after the UK/US version switched to horizontal/PCB mounted design. Anyone know why?

Awesome. 2204 is probably my favorite all around amp of all time. Couple pedals and you can do anything.

Always catches me off guard that the Canadian versions stayed with the vertical input design years after the UK/US version switched to horizontal/PCB mounted design. Anyone know why?
No one really knows...this is also the case with the Northern Eu Marshalls. For example, I had an 82 2104 combo...JMP combo. Huge plate voltage too. But it was a 1982, clearly in the JCM 800 production but was a JMP. I almost bought a 1978 Superlead, Canadian with a Laydown PT...they stopped using the laydown pt back in 1973....but this was the original PT in a 1978. Strange but damn I wish I'd have pulled the trigger.

Maybe has something to do with electronics regulations... you don't get to have a 16ohm option or plastic switches for on/off standby etc...

That was my first tube amp in a combo version. It was great until it got stolen! :censored:

Enjoy! They are great amps!

Killer amp. Congrats. I have a SC20 like you and boosted with a SD-1 it is killer. I know boosting g the 2204 with it has got to be more better.

Does it sound as big as a 100w JCM800? In term of low end depth?

I have been curious about this, and if it would be worth the time to build a 50w clone, or 100w.

Congrats! Haven't seen you around in a long while, good to see your still ripping it up!
Hey man!!! Thanks, really happy with this thing!!!! Yeah i read the threads but didn't post in a while. Still at it!!!!!

Had a Mesa Stiletto Trident that i bought with a Mesa 2x12,needed the cab the deal was too good. Said I'll sell the amp for the same price i paid for both, never could sell that damn boat anchor!!!! Took a year and half to finally do a trade for the little 800!!! I was ready to take $500 for the damn Mesa.

Little amo sounds great!!!! But the real deal is soooo much beefier!!!!

Does it sound as big as a 100w JCM800? In term of low end depth?

I have been curious about this, and if it would be worth the time to build a 50w clone, or 100w.
Oh i am sure it sounds as deep as a 100. Lots of low end and bigness, played my 5153 after and oufff, was like where is the oomph gone!!!! Lol

Sounded thin compared to the 800!!!

Sexy, congrats, let’s get some clips up in here!

No one really knows...this is also the case with the Northern Eu Marshalls. For example, I had an 82 2104 combo...JMP combo. Huge plate voltage too. But it was a 1982, clearly in the JCM 800 production but was a JMP. I almost bought a 1978 Superlead, Canadian with a Laydown PT...they stopped using the laydown pt back in 1973....but this was the original PT in a 1978. Strange but damn I wish I'd have pulled the trigger.
Are those later 1985 Canadian vertical input JCM800s internally the same as the early US ones or is it just cosmetics and the resemble the horizontal input ones?

Congrats! Surprisingly of all the amps I’ve been through, really not too many others imo rival them with a good boost, while these other new boutique amps come and go

What’s with that secondary fuse board? is that a Canadian thing or a mod? I prefer to boost my ‘82 with a Rat. Might be the only amp I don’t favor an SD1 with.

Back