Just got a voicemail …..”Hey Rod, just wanted to introduce myself, I’m your new Sweetwater Sales Engineer”.

guitarplayer

This is my 3rd guy since last September. Acting all enthusiastic just like the previous guy and the previous guy before the previous guy…lol. Last 2 guys were really nice, both getting married in their late 20’s. Cant be a very enjoyable job, hope they moved on to a better job.

I try to avoid purchasing from Sweetwater for this reason. I know people are fans of their customer service but I don't need someone calling me to see how I'm enjoying that pack of strings I bought 6 months ago.

You can simply ask them to not call you. The guy I had for years got a promotion last year and I’ve had two people since then. I never get calls though unless there’s a problem, the old dude noted that in my account.

You can simply ask them to not call you. The guy I had for years got a promotion last year and I’ve had two people since then. I never get calls though unless there’s a problem, the old dude noted that in my account.

Same here.

That being said, it’s so much damn fun to come online and whine about it.

Yep, ever since I said don't ever cold call me again they haven't.

I should also tell them to stop sending me that shitty candy. Gimme M&Ms or gtfo.

Guitar Center does the same thing.
i haven't been approached or called by a GC sales person in years. do they still work on commision? I figured they didn't because they all seem pretty apathetic now. they don't even say hi these days. it used to be that you'd get HOUNDED in every department like 10 years ago.

i haven't been approached or called by a GC sales person in years. do they still work on commision? I figured they didn't because they all seem pretty apathetic now. they don't even say hi these days. it used to be that you'd get HOUNDED in every department like 10 years ago.
nope total opposite now ....... you gotta track someone down in the drum dept to unlock a guitar from the wall for you now ....

Didn't the original owner of SW sell recently? It is probably under new management and getting ready to go downhill. SW never gives me as good a discount as MF so I buy from MF. They also don't hassle me on returns.

Back