Kemper Question

locoed

Would a tube power amp affect the tone in a good way?
Or wouldn't it matter, and should I go with a SS amp instead?
I'm thinking about using a tube power amp for volume issues, so
I can blend.

SS all the way IMO. Tubes not needed - not gonna add anything. SS is way lighter too...

Steve

locoed":12mo5vqi said:
Would SS have that thump of a good tube head? Despite being what it is.
If you are looking for the thump of a good tube head live, get a good tube head. The Kemper will sound great in a mix live with your band, but adding a tube power amp ain't gonna make you feel the thump of good tube head. Sorry, but that is a fact...

Steve

Man all this Kemper talk i've been debating buying one for awhile.
AX8 or Kemper? :doh:

Is the powered Kemper the way to go?

zewango":l0khig5l said:
Man all this Kemper talk i've been debating buying one for awhile.
AX8 or Kemper? :doh:

Is the powered Kemper the way to go?
I think so. Less shit to haul around and gives you the option to use a powered monitor or run though a speaker cabinet.

Since I can't try out either, I'm getting an amplifire. AX8 is months out too. Amplifire = Less knobs and shit :LOL: :LOL:

locoed":5jhbgzck said:
Man I dunno, I'm at the "crossroads" :no:

If you are not sure which modeler to buy get a two notes live and play your tube amp with it. You will save $$$ and headache by not trying everything under the sun to make a modeler sound like something it isn't. I went the Kemper route and sold it after a year or so, it sounded more than good enough through a pa but it does not sound or feel like a tube amp, mostly because it isn't a tube amp. :D

I have the powered head and it's fine for pretty much any live use. I've used tube power and to me, it gives more of a feeling of "punch". I wouldn't go out and buy a tube power amp or even use my tube head instead of the kemper's power but at some gigs that give us a backline, I'll occasionally use the power from the tube head instead on a bigger stage. It just has a certain something extra...not so much in volume but in "punch" to me. Not sure if that makes sense but I do feel a slight difference. Now, that slight difference won't be noticeable to the audience and maybe not even your bandmates, and like I said, it's not that big of a difference to me, but if available I use it.

Hey your from RI also man maybe you can teach me about my Kemper power head when it comes in lol

Back