Kemper vs. Real Amp - Cameron CCV

Webb

Hey guys, I've been making some profiles of my Cameron CCV amp and decided to test the profile against the real amp. Listen below - One is the amp...the other the Kemper. Cabinet is a Cameron 4x12 with Celestion G12-H30's multi-mic'd with a mix of an SM57 and Royer 121 into a 1073 preamp. No post processing at all.

Any thoughts?

https://soundcloud.com/user-819275788/ccv-amp-vs-kpa

Both of em sound pretty fuckin good to me man. Nice work!

EDIT: Agree with HTE, think the 2nd one is the actual amp.

First is Kemper second is amp, I listened with some high quality headphones and their not that far off! Would love that profile!

I'm over here just rocking out to the song choice! \m/

Can't tell which is which at low volume here....can't turn up right now.

If you don't need amp in the room sound sell the CCV. They're that close recorded. If you can get the Kemper to sound close in the room then even better.

No guess as to which is which, but I liked the first better; both sounded really good.

That's the beauty of the Kemper....A properly done profile is virtually indistinguishable from the amp....Well done sir!

Thanks for all the comments. I should have posted this as a poll because I'm losing track of the replies. Keeping this open for now in hopes of getting a few more opinions before I reveal which is which.

Not sure which is which but I want a Kemper and they both sound great.

Is the "in the room" thing with the Kemper along the same lines of the Fractal stuff?

Hard to say because it sounds like there's some kind of chorusy thing going on there, but because of the low end and harmonics, probably the 2nd is the CCV. What's needed is a raw signal to compare. However, they both do sound very good.

Back