KHDK Ghoul Screamer?

metal_master":23qqawbp said:
stephen sawall":23qqawbp said:
I just did some direct A/B with a few pedals. The Ghoul with all switches up was pretty close to a 808. With the Body switch down it was close to a Savage Drive.

I don't change the switches much...but I do set them different with individual amps.
I can't quite put my finger on it, but when I a/b the OD 808 & savage drive there was something different in the character of the bass with the savage drive. It's tight but it also feels hard in a way. Hard to explain. The ghoul screamer definitely has more midrange definition whereas the savage has more treble attack.
Absolutely there is some differences. I'm sure it is strongly effected by the rest of the rig and settings on the pedals.

I was using a Mezzabarba MZero Overdrive and a PRS Mark Holcomb.

I liked the Ghoul Screamer enough that I bought the KHDK No.1 and No.2 also. The No.2 with the switch set to HI just kicks ass.
All three pedals sound great with all my amps. Better than my expectations.
Does the KHDK No.2 have more treble extention than the ghoul screamer? Tight in the bass? I am aiming for balanced mids and bit more bite than the ghoul. A Fear Factory kind of tone.

Last edited:
I am not trying to be weird quoting myself, but as more have tried it, does anybody else feel how i do?

I need a good pedal to do the one or two 'right' things, not 10 things just 'ok'.
I just found that I prefer using it like a regular overdrive with all the switches off. Sounds better that way to my ears

I am not trying to be weird quoting myself, but as more have tried it, does anybody else feel how i do?

I need a good pedal to do the one or two 'right' things, not 10 things just 'ok'.
Yeah. I literally use a boost to boost. I went through a cpl. The dragon sounded fake. Now i have a TS808HW and a Hex drive. They are almost the same pedal, just the tone is different on the hex. If I want a different sound I just adjust eq in the loop. If you are boosting for metal, then the only thing you are getting from a different boost is the eq curve anyway

Does the KHDK No.2 have more treble extention than the ghoul screamer? Tight in the bass? I am aiming for balanced mids and bit more bite than the ghoul. A Fear Factory kind of tone.
Yes it can get brighter. It doesn't sound anything like a Ghoul Screamer.
I haven't heard Fear Factory in decades. I can't remember what they sound like.

Back