KISS Soundcheck ZZZZZZzzzzz

Kapo_Polenton

Try not to fall asleep... the whole thing drags like a donkey. But hey, at least Paul is singing here and not lip synching. For all the fan boys I know they are 70 and the greatest rock band in the world and I am a couch potato etc..but this shit is lame and has no energy. Going through the motions tuned down to D. Just pack it in and back an official cover band to do the entertaining. Same show and pyro, same money.

Well it is soundcheck lol. Granted their fan paid/attended soundchecks but why expect any more. I thought it actually sounded good.

That said, as much as I enjoyed the show I saw on this tour pre covid, I was not a fan of the staging. Boring really. Yeah, they blew the place up but the staging just left alot to be desired. This shed tour staging looks even more boring. Frankly I enjoy seeing them do this than performing in full makeup and costumes because age has caught up with them. Gene can barely move, Pauls voice is gone, Tommy is the epitome of boring whether he's coping Ace or just being himself. Eric though is the one that confuses me the most...back during the Revenge era, dude was killing it with these guys, the tempo's were pushed a bit the band was aggressive. It's like now, he's in full on Criss mode and barely attacking the drums. I'm sure that is what G&P want...at least I guess. I wished they'd cut him loose and push it more. Overall, as a longtime fan I'm glad it's ending...it's just time. But hey more power to them, If I was their age and still had the ability to tour, I'd be doing the same thing I'm sure.

Last edited:

70 yr olds wearing platform shoes, watch that first step.

F4oJ.gif

Would be hilarious if they announced it’s not just a sound check and a guy in a white gown comes out and cups their balls as they cough during Christine Sixteen.

70 year old dudes playing songs they barely remember for soundcheck.

The scam here, is that they charge lots of money to listen to them soundcheck.

But I agree, more hair propellers and backflips.

I'm not talking about the jumping around or the 100 WOOHOOO's and HOW YA PEOPLE DOINs...I'm talking about the tempo dragging to shit, the lifeless drumming from a guy who is/was a monster drummer, and the lack of range which makes the songs lose any pop. I'm saying that's what they sound like now and it it time to hang it up. I wonder if Thayer can play like Thayer anymore? He's been doing the Ace thing so long now. The only reason it sounds ok live is because Paul isn't singing anymore so there's that too. Anyway, I wouldn't pay 50$ to see this show.

Backing Tracks... Who would have thought..
Everyone says play live and I agree. However, when things start to fade, it must be hard to let go..
These guys like all rockstars are addicted to the rush and perpetual center of attention.. It would be hard to say goodbye forever for a golf club or fishing boat..

That is kind of a snoozer. And they're pretty dressed up for a soundcheck. I snuck in for two Rush soundchecks long ago and it was the opposite. They were wearing jeans and t-shirts and absolutely slaying it.

As my brother pointed out at a northern CA soundcheck. Why does singer need to count in on plaster caster. They had to stop like 2 times, as he couldn't find where to come in.

Back