Les Paul’s are timeless

I’ve tried about 5 Les Pauls over the years (2 traditionals, Axcess hard tail, Classic with 50’s neck), 1980 The Paul, and they never stayed. Usually it’s the tuning issues that kill it, or the awkwardness and angles. (I’m a typical Charvel superstrat guy) but you can’t beat that deep sustain and tone you get from them.

However I want to try one more kick at the can on a newer LP just to have one in the stable.

The new Slash standards seem really nice when I tried them. Perfect tone and balance, kind of an in between neck carve that seems beefy but comfortable for fast playing. I don’t care about the Slash part, but they felt and sounded better than the regular Standards I tried in the store. Just something about them that really stands out and works. What do you guys think?

Buy a mid 2000’s Classic with the 60’s neck. Those guitars are good value for what u get. They are plentiful, have a slim neck and 500T pickup in the bridge.

The slash models come with larger 6100 frets from the factory, as did the Zakk gibsons. I’m not sure of the signature epiphone model of his though.

AB178E29-47AA-4294-8D75-AD829D15EF0A.jpeg

The slash models come with larger 6100 frets from the factory, as did the Zakk gibsons. I’m not sure of the signature epiphone model of his though.

The frets on my Appetite Amber sure don't feel like 6100. Maybe they started as 6100s but after Plek'ing and what have you at the factory, they must've shaved off quite a bit of height off of the frets.

Back