Les Paul over anything else video

I would as well... I just hate it that 99.9% of all the nicer Les Pauls are in variations of the same Boomer Burst finish.

I mean, I get it. I've also got a Tobacco Burst and a Dark Burst Les Paul. But it'd be nice to see more red or black Les Paul Standards. Blue or Green are also nice colors.

They make Strats in all sorts of different colors, but even the current USA Les Paul Standard offerings are all just burst. Yawn.

Last edited:
I would as well... I just hate it that 99.9% of all the nicer Les Pauls are in variations of the same Boomer Burst finish.

I mean, I get it. I've also got a Tobacco Burst and a Dark Burst Les Paul. But it'd be nice to see more red or black Les Paul Standards. Blue or Green are also nice colors.

They make Strats in all sorts of different colors, but even the current USA Les Paul Standard offerings are all just burst. Yawn.
Make standards in white .

I like Strats visually, and I even like some of the hotter single coils like Duncan QP's too. But a Les Paul is home for me, personally.

I personally find them a lot more comfortable too with the 60's neck profile and the 12" fretboard.

Last edited:
I would probably say that after a session with a LP but then I’d say it after a session with a good super Strat too. I usually like whatever I’m playing.
This. Love the LP when I'm playing it. It's the best guitar I have. Also love my Suhr Modern, ES-335 and Squier Clasic Vibe, They're all the best lol.

uRW4sxf.jpg

For heavy rhythms, it’s pretty damn hard to beat an LP. I haven’t sat and compared tracks, but there’s a girth and weight from an LP I don’t experience with other guitars. I’m curious how much it’s the physical aspect of the guitar playing mind tricks and what actually makes it’s way into a recording, I just haven’t cared enough to make comparisons.

But unless I have the intention of sitting in the studio and recording rhythms, I can pick up any one of these and be as happy as a pig in shit. Just missing a Tele and I’ll have all the tonal bases covered, until I hit age 60 or so and decide I need a hollowbody.

IMG_3151.jpeg

I have a love/hate relationship with LP's. I love my 77 Standard, but my ESP Eclipse USA is more playable & has more tonal options. But that LP is beefy
I played a Goldtop Epiphone the other day that blew me away - more playability like the ESP, but most of the tone of my 77. Weird. I ALMOST walked out of the store with it, but am trying to pare my collection down.

But there is nothing like a good old cranked Marshall with an LP plugged in for those classic rock tones/ YMMV

For heavy rhythms, it’s pretty damn hard to beat an LP. I haven’t sat and compared tracks, but there’s a girth and weight from an LP I don’t experience with other guitars. I’m curious how much it’s the physical aspect of the guitar playing mind tricks and what actually makes it’s way into a recording, I just haven’t cared enough to make comparisons.

But unless I have the intention of sitting in the studio and recording rhythms, I can pick up any one of these and be as happy as a pig in shit. Just missing a Tele and I’ll have all the tonal bases covered, until I hit age 60 or so and decide I need a hollowbody.

View attachment 226198

I've done some really intense a+b tests with this, and there is a "thing" that Les Pauls tend to have in the lower midrange that most other styles of guitar don't have

It's not just the scale length, I've checked with other 24.75 guitars, and it's not just the set neck, I've played set neck esp Vs and teles

I've done some really intense a+b tests with this, and there is a "thing" that Les Pauls tend to have in the lower midrange that most other styles of guitar don't have

It's not just the scale length, I've checked with other 24.75 guitars, and it's not just the set neck, I've played set neck esp Vs and teles
Is there a song that I can listen to that really emphasizes this lower midrange sound ?

Back