Lets see your Splawns and get some dialog started here.

ibenhad

Here are my latest 2. A Competition and a Super Sport.... I will also be posting some info I got from fellow RT'er Bubbastain on biasing for KT88's on some of the Splawn models.

ItR1Itw.jpg

Just open this up a few hours ago. I haven’t even had time to plug it yet. Maybe I’ll do a ngd post.
neck feels great. More like an older charvel. It’s very comfortable. The ash body lets those notes just sing and ring forever.

Attachments

• 06B254E0-1790-4AFD-8EE7-BD48D722A19E.jpeg
    06B254E0-1790-4AFD-8EE7-BD48D722A19E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 93
I'm loving my El-34 SuperSport.. also really like the Splawn cab, I'm really tempted to order a empty 4X12 and do some speaker experimenting with it. I've had this for a little over a month now and I'm really starting to appreciate all of the little tonal nuances that are packed into this thing.
AF6aZsD.jpg

Not best quality pic but "new" rig in build process. will be adding a couple of pedals on the sliding shelf in the rack (Fortin Zuul and Splitter/Buffer) as well as the Voodoo Labs Control Switcher to change the Nitro's channels with the Voodoo Labs GCP.

Quick sound sampler recorded today.. still tweaking

Cheers
PXL_20210130_201926215.jpg

Last edited:
Just open this up a few hours ago. I haven’t even had time to plug it yet. Maybe I’ll do a ngd post.
neck feels great. More like an older charvel. It’s very comfortable. The ash body lets those notes just sing and ring forever.
I’ve been wondering if these were “charvel “ like

Nice! So you doing midi with the voodoo?
What speakers in the cab?
Cab has 4 Vintage 30 speakers. Right now I am only using the Voodoo to control the G-major 2 to trigger effects in/out... this was the setup from my previous amp (Egnater Armageddon) that I controlled via midi since it had it built in, but I sold it and went back to using the Nitro. Waiting to get the the Voodoo Control switch delivered so I can integrate it into the rig.

I just recently came back! Picked up a SS50 in a trade... just trying to get around to retube/bias...

Attachments

• 4279A006-C76A-449B-82A9-BDF00891D126.jpeg
    4279A006-C76A-449B-82A9-BDF00891D126.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 70
Magh8 the SS 50 is pretty cool. I have had 2 Nitros, a QR and 2 Competitions and am really liking the SS a lot. Seems to be a bit more hairy than the rest. Less compressed and stiff I guess. I think the tubes in my Comp are shot so I will replace and compare again. Clips to come.

I'm loving my El-34 SuperSport.. also really like the Splawn cab, I'm really tempted to order a empty 4X12 and do some speaker experimenting with it. I've had this for a little over a month now and I'm really starting to appreciate all of the little tonal nuances that are packed into this thing.
AF6aZsD.jpg
You might want to move those targets a little to the right.

Magh8 the SS 50 is pretty cool. I have had 2 Nitros, a QR and 2 Competitions and am really liking the SS a lot. Seems to be a bit more hairy than the rest. Less compressed and stiff I guess. I think the tubes in my Comp are shot so I will replace and compare again. Clips to come.
So far I am digging it. I did the retube today... replaced all the preamp tubes with JJ HG set and JJ e34L’s... I hate those shitty valveart tubes Scott has been using. I did the same with my last nitro. It sounded great with the stock KT88’s even better when I swapped them to JJ’s

AF6aZsD.jpg
What is the default amp setting with out the footswitch plugged in? I also have the 4 button and the solo volume...

I have a Nitro KT88 incoming, pretty keen to try her out. Had Quick Rod years ago that I liked, but it got superseded by something or other. Will report back. While I'm here what preamp tubes you guys digging?

Back