Lets see your Splawns and get some dialog started here.

Old pic but here’s my QR

Attachments

• 89C8A066-1F38-4AFA-8586-2D13400DCC21.jpeg
    89C8A066-1F38-4AFA-8586-2D13400DCC21.jpeg
    715.9 KB · Views: 70
My fully loaded 2016 purple QR and 2015 standard QR. I sold both and miss them dearly No worries as I will be ordering a new one from Scott this summer. Gotta pick the style and colour.

Attachments

• 20180315_145634.jpg
    20180315_145634.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 58
  • 20170523_200235.jpg
    20170523_200235.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 63
What do you think you will go with Briman?

And I remember your amp. You were looking for those purple chicken head knobs.

What do you think you will go with Briman?

And I remember your amp. You were looking for those purple chicken head knobs.
I am definitely getting QR fully loaded. The debate is between traditional black with gold piping plexi, vintage white with gold piping and pro stock in vintage white z28 stripes in black.

Power tube rolling would be so much easier with external bias points. That is my only complaint with the QR.
I drilled a hole in the bottom of my competition head shell 10 years ago to have a access to the bias pot. Worked great for rolling tubes.

I drilled a hole in the bottom of my competition head shell 10 years ago to have a access to the bias pot. Worked great for rolling tubes.
that's great idea , I may have to do that to my super Sport, only thing is I may not have enough height inside my head shell to plug in the bias probe and then the tube into it ,so I may have to pull the chassis anyway :(

I used to be able to put my probes on while in the headshell. Just make sure you line up where you are going to drill the hole perfectly where the bias pot is. It was a little tricky to do.

I think i have pictures somewhere that i took of the hole i drilled. Will see if i can find them and post. I think it was half inch wide hole allowing a bit of room incase i wasn't 100% aligned to the bias pot.

I remember you doing that Briman :yes:
My weber probe is too big anyway like kmanick.
I don't mind getting in there anyway, it gives me an excuse to clean the outside of the chassis :D
Still a great idea though.
Pro Stock black with white stripes and white chicken head knobs would be sexy as hell

I can't seem to find the pics i took. I remember camsdad started a thread on it splawn forum. He plugged his hole with a boat plug.

Older 2004 Pre Gear - Pre Quickrod-era rarity - A Soldano SLO and Friedman BE100 retired it years ago , but it still hangs around and lives in my closet

Attachments

• 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
Where are you hearing clip of glowe? All i see is a pic of older splawn with an attenuator? No video for me?

Where are you hearing clip of glowe? All i see is a pic of older splawn with an attenuator? No video for me?
There's a Facebook posting/link below the pic of the way old Splawn with attenuator and there are audio (Soundcloud?) clips in there.

Back