Lets see your Splawns and get some dialog started here.

I've got the same 2x12 cab with the recessed handle on top (except with the stock black grill cloth) I can't find a cover for it, Scott doesn't have any as he moved away from that design a while ago, do you have one?

I've got the same 2x12 cab with the recessed handle on top (except with the stock black grill cloth) I can't find a cover for it, Scott doesn't have any as he moved away from that design a while ago, do you have one?
I do but I can't remember what brand it was, I didn't get it through Splawn. I want to say it is a Tuki? It has the hole for the top handle cutout.

This looks like it, though my cutout is slightly bigger: https://www.tukicovers.com/amp-and-...wn-2x12-cabinet-with-top-handle-padded-cover/

First gig of the season tonight and it looks like we scored with the temps. It's outdoors and right now we're in the 70's in Boston :)
First gig with the Splawn rig too, should be a fun one.

early in the set

Shot from behind the stage at sunset
yFKcq1U.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Nitro KT88 incoming, pretty keen to try her out. Had Quick Rod years ago that I liked, but it got superseded by something or other. Will report back. While I'm here what preamp tubes you guys digging?
Noice!! Any vid?

My trusty Splawn Super Sport. Have had her for 4 years. She cured a lot of regular GAS. Black Tolex with Wheat Wicker. Cabs are 212 Splawn + 212 EVH.

Originally purchased as 22W 6V6. I recently replaced power tubes with Mullard EL34S. I'm now on 2nd honeymoon. The biggest change was having a much broader sweep in the Overdrive channel. With less initial compression, I can steadily dial in slight to moderate breakup. Otherwise, it provides for a distinctive difference in the Gears and OD1/OD2.

I love how the loop dial works great as a power scale. This is incredibly useful. Bravo Mr. Splawn!

Attachments

• 20210520_210408.jpg
    20210520_210408.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 73
  • 20210520_210559.jpg
    20210520_210559.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 66
  • 20210515_150532.jpg
    20210515_150532.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 62
My trusty Splawn Super Sport. Have had her for 4 years. She cured a lot of regular GAS. Black Tolex with Wheat Wicker. Cabs are 212 Splawn + 212 EVH.

Originally purchased as 22W 6V6. I recently replaced power tubes with Mullard EL34S. I'm now on 2nd honeymoon. The biggest change was having a much broader sweep in the Overdrive channel. With less initial compression, I can steadily dial in slight to moderate breakup. Otherwise, it provides for a distinctive difference in the Gears and OD1/OD2.

I love how the loop dial works great as a power scale. This is incredibly useful. Bravo Mr. Splawn!
Nice! Sounds like my story. Got my Street Rod 4 years ago and really never looked back. Even got a few of the same pedals. I love my Wampler Ethereal, is that a TC Hall of Fame Reverb in there as well? Wondering how you use that vs. the Ethereal for reverb?

Nice! Sounds like my story. Got my Street Rod 4 years ago and really never looked back. Even got a few of the same pedals. I love my Wampler Ethereal, is that a TC Hall of Fame Reverb in there as well? Wondering how you use that vs. the Ethereal for reverb?
Thanks Mr C.

I have been through so many pedals that I can't keep count. Yes, that is a HoF Reverb. I like the benefit of dialing in Reverb to match the room I'm playing in. I find the Etheral to be really good for lush-shimmer. Wheras, the HoF has a lot of flexibility. For instance, if the room has hard surfaces, the HoF can dial in a subtle "warm" vs bright response - while still making the room sound larger. If I'm playing at home with soft surfaces, the Etheral can slip into a beautiful ambient backdrop.

Otherwise, I just like the flexibility.

Back