LET'S TALK ABOUT ESP'S SECRET "EPIPHONE KILLER"...

They have been around for years. I believe they were made in Japan years ago but now are being made in China. Likely the same factory as the Epiphone's .

They have been around for years. I believe they were made in Japan years ago but now are being made in China. Likely the same factory as the Epiphone's .

Was just talking about this on Sevenstring yesterday, I don’t think anyone is ever going to know the straight truth/facts of the Edwards shop. You just go down rabbit holes trying to find anything out. At one point they were shipping materials from Japan to China, building everything in a shop there by guys trained by the ESP Custom shop, then sending them back to the E-II factory to be finished. Then last I heard the China shop was closed entirely and they’re back to doing everything in Japan.

With no official word from anyone, it’s all “Trust me, bro” and “My ESP dealer said….”

The one thing I do know is my 2023 Edwards has the exact same finish as my buddy’s E-II, the fit/finish/feel is exact, just different spec’d instruments.

Was just talking about this on Sevenstring yesterday, I don’t think anyone is ever going to know the straight truth/facts of the Edwards shop. You just go down rabbit holes trying to find anything out. At one point they were shipping materials from Japan to China, building everything in a shop there by guys trained by the ESP Custom shop, then sending them back to the E-II factory to be finished. Then last I heard the China shop was closed entirely and they’re back to doing everything in Japan.

With no official word from anyone, it’s all “Trust me, bro” and “My ESP dealer said….”

The one thing I do know is my 2023 Edwards has the exact same finish as my buddy’s E-II, the fit/finish/feel is exact, just different spec’d instruments.
I have an old Edwards LPC and it is an Orville in every way. Nitro finish, truss rod nut. bridge pins. You name it. I bought it from a dealer in Japan a few years ago.

ESP has had a production facility in China since the early 90s. As in their own, not a subcontractor. What were they making there before the LTD basses? Edwards were MIC (including paint) and finished in Japan since about 02(sans platinum which are MIJ), and supposedly no longer since covid era, but why advertise platinum is MIJ and not do that with Edwards if true? Grassroots are 100% MIC, previously MIK. 99% certain that ALL Greco, Burny, Fernandes were MIK or Taiwan from the late 80s through early 00s. No serial or a Sticker? Not MIJ. 84-88 serial? Fujigen. Before that was Matsumoku.

Anyways, if you're after a cheap LP, Agiles (World Korea) are the way to go these days, imo. They make them with every neck profile you can think of, 50s, 60s, multi radius, classic radius, 24.75" and 25.5"(even baritones) modern heel joints or classic. Solid Maple tops, etc... Top model is around $600.

Last edited:

You can always email ESP and ask. They'll tell you.

This is a snoozefest and also a “paid promotion” why would anyone who wasn’t a total shill give two shits about the lowest level esp guitar?

No need; with that latest Made in USA Epiphone Coronet; Epiphone is already killing itself. IMO

ESP has had a production facility in China since the early 90s. As in their own, not a subcontractor. What were they making there before the LTD basses? Edwards were MIC (including paint) and finished in Japan since about 02(sans platinum which are MIJ), and supposedly no longer since covid era, but why advertise platinum is MIJ and not do that with Edwards if true? Grassroots are 100% MIC, previously MIK. 99% certain that ALL Greco, Burny, Fernandes were MIK or Taiwan from the late 80s through early 00s. No serial or a Sticker? Not MIJ. 84-88 serial? Fujigen. Before that was Matsumoku.

Anyways, if you're after a cheap LP, Agiles (World Korea) are the way to go these days, imo. They make them with every neck profile you can think of, 50s, 60s, multi radius, classic radius, 24.75" and 25.5"(even baritones) modern heel joints or classic. Solid Maple tops, etc... Top model is around $600.
The ESP Grass Roots brand is solely for the Japanese market. Grass Roots guitars are aimed at the low cost market. Like the other Japan-only line of ESP, Edwards, there are online dealerships for such guitars. When production first started in the early 1990s, Grassroots Guitars were produced in Japan, but they are now produced in Korea.

Reactions: rsm
Don't you have homework to do or something?
Doesn’t it get tiring being the loser that always finds a reason to reply to me? Are you in love with me or something? Are you asking about homework so you can find out if I’m a young boy or what? Be honest, you’ve been making inferences about wanting to connect with young boys for awhile now, so, what’s your deal, Chester?

Doesn’t it get tiring being the loser that always finds a reason to reply to me? Are you in love with me or something? Are you asking about homework so you can find out if I’m a young boy or what? Be honest, you’ve been making inferences about wanting to connect with young boys for awhile now, so, what’s your deal, Chester?
My apologies. I thought you were a college aged female by the way you act. Do you have a pussy hat to match that guitar?

WTAF is wrong with you?

not this shit again geez jeez.jpg

I just unboxed a new Harley Benton Explorer. Less than $400. No sharp frets, beautiful finish. Gonna let it rest for a few before I fire it up. Made the trip from Germany in tune for the most part.

Back