Let's talk Axe-FX one more time!

danyeo":3gz0qv2q said:
emperor_black":3gz0qv2q said:
AXE + Power amp + cabs sound great. however, you cannot escape the cabs' flavor. Its always there. It sounds like a Uber, Rectifier...through a Marshall cab.

For truly radical tones, try Full Range active monitors. And then those Redwirez IR's are simply amazing! For a very long time, I held out buying the Redwirez. But even the redwirez's improve the "feel". I cant even begin to imagine how a 2U rack mount unit can change the feel of playing! I have no inspiration to turn on my Uberschall (actually sold to me by the OP) or the Mark IV. :rock:

For me, I'd much rather get my cabs flavor. I want the Axe but i have no desire at all to go Full Range. I tried the setup at the NY Ampshow and the whole time i wish i was playing the Axe with a tube poweramp and a good 4x12. The only thing i could really knock the Axe on was the greenback cab sim didn't sound that good at all. But in my ideal setup, i wouldn't use the cab sims.
I thought the same thing until I tried a FRFR system...it easily held its own against a Mesa 2:90/4x12 rig, offers much more versatility with multiple IRs, and is MUCH more portable for load in/out.

Oh, and what about using multiple cabs or Wet/Dry and Wet/Dry/Wet rigs? Anyone doing that with their Axe as the main tone generator? How are you wiring it up if so?

Back