Looking for an amp

OwO what's this?

Well, in a nutshell, it's a 50-watt, all tube head with 2 x modular preamp slots.

Synergy has a lot of different preamp modules available. Most of them have separate EQs for each channel. So if all you really want/need is 2 channels, you can make do with one module.

Here's their Bogner Uber module.

https://www.thomann.de/intl/synergy...LCJjdXJyZW5jeSI6MiwibGFuZ3VhZ2UiOjJ9&reload=1
Soldano SLO

https://www.thomann.de/intl/synergy...LCJjdXJyZW5jeSI6MiwibGFuZ3VhZ2UiOjJ9&reload=1
Engl Savage

https://www.thomann.de/intl/synergy_engl_savage_pre_amp.htm
Just to name a few.

Yeah I just checked this and it seems overdone, not enough reviews and worried about the reliability. Also I don't find them used in listings anywhere and if I buy this new it will go over 2000€.

No real EQs on this one and really doubt it can handle heavy stuff

There's only 1 global EQ.
I believe the GEQ can be footswitched in/out. So you could set up the clean without the eq in; then add the eq back and set the GEQ up for your lead.
Oh, and there are plenty examples of this amp doing heavy stuff. It was the amp of choice for it back in the 80s/90s before the 5150 took hold.

Never thought I'd see another American Football fan here. Sweet! I play that kind of music and I use a Fender Bassman with a boost for grind.

I believe the GEQ can be footswitched in/out. So you could set up the clean without the eq in; then add the eq back and set the GEQ up for your lead.
Yeah I know but it won't work for me, I want 2 really separated eqs.
Oh, and there are plenty examples of this amp doing heavy stuff. It was the amp of choice for it back in the 80s/90s before the 5150 took hold.
What amp are you talking about?

Yeah I know but it won't work for me, I want 2 really separated eqs.

What amp are you talking about?
The Mesa Mark III. If you want 2 separate EQs the JP2C would work; it’s 100w or 60w switchable. Or the new Badlander Rectifier; 2 separate channels/eqs and the 50w is switchable to 20. Check into either of them on the net...plenty of info out there

Maybe, but I'm not sure about the headroom if the 35w version, I don't find much info about it.
I never said the 35 watt, Mark V is 90, probably has a half power switch down to 45 (or so), Mark IV must be similar. You have a LOT of great suggestions here, if nothing checks all the boxes you’re on your own. Good luck.

I never said the 35 watt, Mark V is 90, probably has a half power switch down to 45 (or so), Mark IV must be similar. You have a LOT of great suggestions here, if nothing checks all the boxes you’re on your own. Good luck.
90w is as powerful as 100w.

PROBABLY HAS A HALF POWER SWITCH, what’s wrong numb nuts ??? Can’t fucking read ??? 2 pages of your bullshit, you’ve gotten PLENTY of good answers but there’s no pleasing you apparently. Like I already said, good luck... chump.

I’d say get a Badlander. Maybe get the 50 watt version if you’re scared of 100, but they both have settings that can go down to 20 watts if needed. I know you’re concerned it’s new with not much feedback yet, but it’s a great sounding amp, one of the only non-vintage amps to impress me and has all the features and sounds you’re asking for. Really nice cleans too. Maybe a Fryette Pittbull 50 watt of some sort would also do it for you, but I’m not crazy about those

The constraints you’re asking for make things difficult. Lower wattage amps usually have shared eq’s and less features than they’re bigger brothers. Maybe a Bogner XTC 3534 will do what you want

PROBABLY HAS A HALF POWER SWITCH, what’s wrong numb nuts ??? Can’t fucking read ??? 2 pages of your bullshit, you’ve gotten PLENTY of good answers but there’s no pleasing you apparently. Like I already said, good luck... chump.
Well it seems that you are the person who can't read in this situation, I already adressed the issue several times, no need to get emotional here lad. Have a pleasant day.

I’d say get a Badlander. Maybe get the 50 watt version if you’re scared of 100, but they both have settings that can go down to 20 watts if needed. I know you’re concerned it’s new with not much feedback yet, but it’s a great sounding amp, one of the only non-vintage amps to impress me and has all the features and sounds you’re asking for. Really nice cleans too.
I really want to trust you but I prefer to wait for feedback, plus considering it's new it will be hard to find used.

Maybe a Bogner XTC 3534 will do what you want
You don't seem confident about this recommandation, why?

I really want to trust you but I prefer to wait for feedback, plus considering it's new it will be hard to find used.

You don't seem confident about this recommandation, why?
Ask others on here about them or on other forums. So far all the guys I know seem to like it similarly well as I do. Check out some YouTube clips or try it at a store if you can. It’s a great amp, especially given that it’s not a vintage one. Honestly you’re missing out in my opinion. They do show up used. I got mine used. Look on reverb or a few other places and they’ll pop up there

I recommended an XTC 3534 because it ticks most of the boxes you’re asking for, but for my taste those amps sound too smooth and polished, but a lotta guys like them, so maybe you might too

For what it’s worth, all of the very best, most magical, inspiring amps I’ve played tend to have fewer controls and features. If you try a top notch amp with very little controls and hear the magic, you might change your mind and become more flexible to get that level of tone, but just my 2 cents. For me quality of tone is always the priority over features

Last edited:
Ask others on here about them or on other forums. So far all the guys I know seem to like it similarly well as I do. Check out some YouTube clips or try it at a store if you can. It’s a great amp, especially given that it’s not a vintage one. Honestly you’re missing out in my opinion. They do show up used. I got mine used. Look on reverb or a few other places and they’ll pop up there

I recommended an XTC 3534 because it ticks most of the boxes you’re asking for, but for my taste those amps sound too smooth and polished, but a lotta guys like them, so maybe you might too

For what it’s worth, all of the very best, most magical, inspiring amps I’ve played tend to have fewer controls and features. If you try a top notch amp with very little controls and hear the magic, you might change your mind and become more flexible to get that level of tone, but just my 2 cents. For me quality of tone is always the priority over features
I was already considering the Mesa Boogie Triple Crown TC50, but I wanted to know if there were other alternatives or better options for what I'm looking for. How does the Badland stack up against it?

Back