Looking for best small amp

BigGuitars

In your opinion, what is the best sounding small amp with built-in effects? Preferably tube, but doesn't have to be so long as it sounds/plays on par or near on-par with tube amps. Something good for both practice and studio recording use. Could be a desktop amp or something slightly larger. As some of you know, I'm chasing 80s metal brown sound, so something that covers all relevant territory is a must.

Thanks

I love my 6505MH. Built in reverb and perfect for practice and easy to carry around. Powerful enough to run a 2x12 or a 1x8, can be switched from 1W to 5W to 20W. The EL84s seem to add that 80’s grind which is different from its bigger brother. I love mine and plan to use it for smaller venues/bars where the big guys won’t fit or are too loud.

Cheap....Katana
Rare....Rocktron stuff
Spendy....Kemper/AXEFX

Your request for built in effects limits your options. Get a good amp you like and get a multi-effects unit.

How about this. Satisfies tube and desktop. :giggle:
fx.jpg

I’ve actually considered doing this. Pedals have come so far...tiny packages that can deliver a real wallop

what’s your favorite cab with this chain

I’ve actually considered doing this. Pedals have come so far...tiny packages that can deliver a real wallop

what’s your favorite cab with this chain
I use a Mojotone 1X12 with a Scumback BM75 , sounds really good . I've got my Splawns also but i just felt like throwing that simple rig together for something different

Ok, one more question. What loud professional amp do you think quietens down the best for home use? What do you think of the EVH EL34 combos like the 212?

Any of the EVH stuff is good IMO. If you're going to spend that kinda money,a decent effects processor shouldn't be out of budget.

And stop worrying about what it sounds like at home in a quiet environment. Nothing really sounds good until it's loud. Home is for practicing,not impressing yourself with tone. There are lots of ways to get any amp whisper quiet if you can't achieve it with the volume knobs on the amp.

Back