Looking for Suhr Aldrich bridge pickup replacement

PSGuitar

I have an Aldrich bridge pup in my alp with Gibson neck Pickup - alnico pro.

Looking to replace the Aldrich with something a bit chunkier and wider. The Aldrich is awesome and very focused and tight.
I think this LP needs some girth and chunk.
Warm and chunky, while tight enough.

Primary target is the Wolfetone Timbrewolf. I used that for years in an old LP of mine.

I love PRS pickups. Love the Tremonti.

Any others?

Maybe I'll entertain trades on here.

Rich

Last edited:
Maybe something lower output but not PAF'ish

Bare Knuckles have a plethora of Humbuckers that gel with Lesters.
Dimarzio makes a good PAF with some grit. Cant remember the name of the model I had in the Neck/Bridge of a 60's Les Paul.

Funny I was just thinking about trying an Aldrich in an R7. I have a PAF Les Paul so that's covered, looking for something hot and tight for the higher gain stuff.

Wanted to stay passive, was thinking Duncan Distortion or Aldrich just to keep it simple. What say the gallery? (and sorry for the hijack).

The Aldrich is great, but I just want something different. This LP has had the Aldrich, BBQ, Shredder, JB, C5, BB Pro a d others. Looking for a change.

Funny I was just thinking about trying an Aldrich in an R7. I have a PAF Les Paul so that's covered, looking for something hot and tight for the higher gain stuff.

Wanted to stay passive, was thinking Duncan Distortion or Aldrich just to keep it simple. What say the gallery? (and sorry for the hijack).
Old Dirty Fingers or a 500T are both pretty cool.

Last edited:
The Aldrich is great, but I just want something different. This LP has had the Aldrich, BBQ, Shredder, JB, C5, BB Pro a d others. Looking for a change.

You sound like me with my LP. Finnicky, fickle, maddening, awesome beast that needed the right pickups. Ended up getting a BK Nailbomb set (used, here on this site, actually) and it was both a surprise and a pleasure to realize I found the set I will never replace. That was 10+ years ago.

You sound like me with my LP. Finnicky, fickle, maddening, awesome beast that needed the right pickups. Ended up getting a BK Nailbomb set (used, here on this site, actually) and it was both a surprise and a pleasure to realize I found the set I will never replace. That was 10+ years ago.
That sounds great. I wonder if it compares to the Wolfetone Timbrewolf. Both 15k+ and similar EQ it seems.

Wolfetone Monkeybucker! Been there, done that with the LP's and pickup swaps. Timbre Wolf is great but the Monkeybucker just kicks like a mule. Measures high but is surprisingly clear and tight. Like BK's but with more girth.

My favorite LP bridge pickups.
Aldrich
Rebel Yell (This is a bright pickup so beware.)
Duncan Custom (Damn fine all around LP pickup)
Duncan Pearly Gates
Duncan Antiquity
PRS Tremonti
Duncan Slash Set

I'm digging the Duncan Custom in my ESP Eclipse but I do have a Wolfetone Marshallhead and Timbrewolf sitting here to try in there as well.

My favorite LP bridge pickups.
Aldrich
Rebel Yell (This is a bright pickup so beware.)
Duncan Custom (Damn fine all around LP pickup)
Duncan Pearly Gates
Duncan Antiquity
PRS Tremonti
Duncan Slash Set
Love the Tremonti but I already have one in another guitar. It would still sound diff I know.

Wolfetone Monkeybucker! Been there, done that with the LP's and pickup swaps. Timbre Wolf is great but the Monkeybucker just kicks like a mule. Measures high but is surprisingly clear and tight. Like BK's but with more girth.
So you used the Timbrewolf?
Is the Monkeybucker still as warm as the Timbre Wolf? I thought the TW was thick and great for chunky rhythms and leads.

I did talk to Wolfe about the Monkeybucker.

Back