Looks like a new 15w EVH Iconic Combo is on the way

It's a practice amp. It won't sound like a 412.. I bet a Single Ended 6L6 sounds pretty good tho..
That Cascode FET they use for the 1st stage is alright.. Egnater uses it for the Tweaker and you can't tell..

Reactions: Geo
You should hear an 8" then..
On some level I think a practice amp should be a bit shitty..
If you can make it sound good, then ur the man on a big rig..

My Orange Little Rocker 15 has a 10" speaker, it's passable. But I do play my Blues Jr more.

Any other amps have the 10” custom EVH celestion? Curious.

Wasn't the EVH speaker intended to be a creamback(ish), but with EVH stamp?

James B. said the EVH 12 was aiming at a mix of greenback and H30.
I hope they do a 15-20w head of these to go with my 20w Marshalls.

The main EVH speaker, the G12 EVH has been stated to be a straight-up rebranded Heritage Greenback. No mods or tweaks. Directly from Celestion as well. So yeah, they are "creamback-ish" in the sense that they've got the same modern cone that emulates the original Pulsonic cones. But they've got the traditional Heritage Greenback 20W (officially stated that they can withstand 25W no problem) voice coil, doping, and dustcap.

They also have a G12EVH-50 (that they put in the 50W 1x12 combo) which is just a G12H Anniversary (that they in the 2x12's) with higher power handling. This is just me assuming, TBH, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

The special Celestion speaker they put in the Iconic cabs and combos is a lower-end speaker. Looks like it has the slightly lighter magnet like the Seventy 80 or the V-Type. If I really had to guess, it's probably a tweak on one of the budget Celestions like the V-Type. I really doubt they went with something super special here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geo
Oh, James Brown? Maybe he meant the Iconic EVH Speaker. 100% sure the G12EVH is just straigh-up Greenback. I don't think the Heritages are on the Celestion site anymore. But at some point, they even used the same frequency response graph and sound samples for both Heritage GB's and EVH's.

Back