Low wattage amp options

Wayniac3

Hey all - considering an amp purchase in the spring and wanted some opinions from the ears here.
I no longer play out, am mostly jam at home and would like the option to record. I live in a condo, but can play at a reasonable volume.
I currently have a little Vypyr (just cuz it's fun and gets good tones at low volume) and a H&K ATS120 (solid state with just a tube pre).
I just miss the reponse of a true tube amp (having owned Cameraon, Suhr moded stuff, ENGL, H&K, Marshall, Mesa, 5150). Having said that, eventually I am considering an AxeFx or the like for home recording.

Anyway - I've been checking out videos and clips. Mark Day makes me want a PT100 or an OD100, but that is not all that realistic in my situation.

I've seen some cool clips of the following that may work for my home.. would love input and any experiences (good or bad) with the following:

H&K Tubemeister 18
ENGL Gigmaster 15
Baron Snott Watt
Splawn Streetrod combo

I was also was wondering about the Orange Tiny Terror or Laney Lionheart, 5150iii mini, and any lower powered Mojave stuuf and haven't ruled those out.

But - trying to keep the budget under $900,

I play hard rock, metal, some prog - these days though it's leaning more towards the hard rock with an edge - Bad Moon Rising, Timmons, Steve Steven Memory crash styled stuff. Love some of the stuff Blues Saraceno did on the Mojave site as well.

The head will likely be running through a CAA 2x12. Guitars are (currently) a 77 LP Std and a GMW strat with Aldrich in the bridge. Fave guitar tones for rock/lower gain are Steve Stevens, Doug Aldrich, EVH. Metal I lean more towards Lynch, Akira, DiMartini, Jake, etc...

Any help/guidance is appreciated. :rock:

For home use and great versatility I'd look at the Line 6 DT25 combo and HD500 linked together...

Check out a used Mesa/Boogie Studio .22+...still use mine all the time at home, plus its loud enough for a gig or jam session if needed.

Definitely the Snott Watt if you're looking at low volume high gain. I know he can make a 30watt version too.

Back