LP re-fret day

Shiny_Surface

Got my beater LP Custom back today with a jumbo stainless steel re-fret and new bone nut. Plays like glass... :)

I say "beater" because the only thing left that is Gibson on this guitar is pretty much the wood and some bits of wire and some of the pots.

It's a players guitar through and through with battle damage, resale value is of no concern with this one anymore. :LOL: :LOL:

Sounds and plays great though...nice not having to worry about babysitting it. :)

LesPaulrefret2_zpsf7be7358.jpg

lespaulrefret_zpsfef66eb5.jpg

Looks like a keeper! How much different does the jumbo fretwire feel? I like jumbo fretwire too, and I guess I've just gotten used to the small stock frets on my Customs...

fretout":2ukvez91 said:
Looks like a keeper! How much different does the jumbo fretwire feel? I like jumbo fretwire too, and I guess I've just gotten used to the small stock frets on my Customs...

To be honest I grew up on jumbo fret wire with 80's superstrats so I just carried my preference over. :LOL: :LOL:

I thought there would be a bigger difference in my mind though...once I got my hands on it, it just seemed a little bigger. The feel of the stainless is great though, very smooth. :)

Drkorey":2ukvez91 said:
who did the refret job?

Phil Jacoby :)

Shiny_Surface":23gy6ebj said:
fretout":23gy6ebj said:

To be honest I grew up on jumbo fret wire with 80's superstrats so I just carried my preference over. :LOL: :LOL:

I thought there would be a bigger difference in my mind though...once I got my hands on it, it just seemed a little bigger. The feel of the stainless is great though, very smooth. :)

Drkorey":23gy6ebj said:
who did the refret job?

Then it's good if Philtone did it. :rock:

I got a les Paul custom at philtone right now.

Getting ready to ship back to me on Monday.

Love his work

Hate his wait times

But I do feel that he is worth it.

Nice, those frets will last forever!

I had Scott Bond install SS medium jumbo frets on my R8 last year - smooth as silk, forever!

SSFrets_zpsadad8c43.jpg

My dream les Paul! A white custom with jumbo stainless frets and enough wear and tear that you don't have to worry about slinging it around. Congrats.

glip22":2k5n79is said:
Shiny_Surface":2k5n79is said:
fretout":2k5n79is said:

Drkorey":2k5n79is said:
who did the refret job?

Then it's good if Philtone did it. :rock:

+1 to this. Phil is the best!

Back