Luxxtone can be compared too?

MrFlexx

I'm very interested in ordering a Luxxtone but need some more information before doin so. As Luxxtone can't be tried before buy in EU it's like buying the pig in the sack...and when paying about $4700-4900 including shipping and taxes in Sweden it's a really hard decision.
So what I 'd like to know is how it compares to Tom Anderson and Suhr reguarding the feel of playing t he guitar. I understand it's the same quality, but how would you describe the feel of actually playing the guitar?

I played a used luxxtone Tele in Chicago. It felt on par with Charvel USA from a quality standpoint. Suhr/ Anderson/ Tyler are a different vibe of guitar. FWIW

the rossness":r4yiqthz said:
I played a used luxxtone Tele in Chicago. It felt on par with Charvel USA from a quality standpoint. Suhr/ Anderson/ Tyler are a different vibe of guitar. FWIW

When you mean suhr / Anderson / Tyler are a different vibe of guitar..
Do you also mean they feel superior?

That's a bit of a bummer, I mean "on par with Charvel USA" and not custom shop... ?

Cheers!

sluice":du6zezat said:
the rossness":du6zezat said:

When you mean suhr / Anderson / Tyler are a different vibe of guitar..
Do you also mean they feel superior?

That's a bit of a bummer, I mean "on par with Charvel USA" and not custom shop... ?

Cheers!

USA is custom shop ;)

and the entire vibe is just different to what Anderson and Suhr are. Its like comparing a custom shop fender to a custom BC rich to a Baker, they each have a different vibe. Luxxtone compares most easily to charvel.

I have had 3 Andersons (one classic, one Drop Top and a Cobra) over the years and also 3 Machetes with different setups. To me (!) they feel, look and sound very different. Both brands are outstanding and custom builders I'm sure they can build you anything you want. So all that I say is more related to the 6 guitars I had and possibly not to the brand.

Tom Andersons are perfect modern guitars. Optimized to the max. Build in perfection. Everything is very well balanced. Each tone, each string sound perfect, etc. The guitars feel like they are machine produced (I mean that in a good way) as they are perfect in every aspect.

The Luxxtones I have/had are all perfect rock machines. They sound and feel very organic. The pickups are probably the best I ever played. Really they are amazing! The guitars clean up perfectly. With my Machete and a good amp, I can do (with the volume pot and a HS setup) everything from Hendrix to Lynch/Jake E Lee/Van Halen in perfection. They feel like perfectly done hand made guitars. (keep in mind I only have experience with Machetes, can't comment on their other models at all; some of the things I like might also be a testament to the Machete model). The necks feel amazing (esp the oiled). All three I had were very different sizes, but everyone was outstanding. And of course, the looks are very special too!

Be warned, stupid car metaphor, but it's so hard to describe different feels: If you prefer something perfectly clean and optimized like an Audi, go for the Tom Anderson. If you love the rawness, aesthetics, feel and power of an old Mustang, go with the Luxxtone.

It all comes down to a matter of preferences in my opinion, neither is better than the other. Both are absolutely highest end guitars and you can't go wrong with either. Both builders are amazing to deal with too btw.

My personal #1 guitar is a Luxxtones and it let's all my other guitars collect dust or been sold. For me the perfect guitar! But again: that is a matter of preferences and taste.

Alex_S":3axub86x said:
I have had 3 Andersons (one classic, one Drop Top and a Cobra) over the years and also 3 Machetes with different setups. To me (!) they feel, look and sound very different. Both brands are outstanding and custom builders I'm sure they can build you anything you want. So all that I say is more related to the 6 guitars I had and possibly not to the brand.

Tom Andersons are perfect modern guitars. Optimized to the max. Build in perfection. Everything is very well balanced. Each tone, each string sound perfect, etc. The guitars feel like they are machine produced (I mean that in a good way) as they are perfect in every aspect.

The Luxxtones I have/had are all perfect rock machines. They sound and feel very organic. The pickups are probably the best I ever played. Really they are amazing! The guitars clean up perfectly. With my Machete and a good amp, I can do (with the volume pot and a HS setup) everything from Hendrix to Lynch/Jake E Lee/Van Halen in perfection. They feel like perfectly done hand made guitars. (keep in mind I only have experience with Machetes, can't comment on their other models at all; some of the things I like might also be a testament to the Machete model). The necks feel amazing (esp the oiled). All three I had were very different sizes, but everyone was outstanding. And of course, the looks are very special too!

Be warned, stupid car metaphor, but it's so hard to describe different feels: If you prefer something perfectly clean and optimized like an Audi, go for the Tom Anderson. If you love the rawness, aesthetics, feel and power of an old Mustang, go with the Luxxtone.

It all comes down to a matter of preferences in my opinion, neither is better than the other. Both are absolutely highest end guitars and you can't go wrong with either. Both builders are amazing to deal with too btw.

My personal #1 guitar is a Luxxtones and it let's all my other guitars collect dust or been sold. For me the perfect guitar! But again: that is a matter of preferences and taste.

Amazing stuff man :rock:
Thanks a lot for sharing!

Can't wait to receive my Luxxtone!

sluice":2vap4wba said:
Alex_S":2vap4wba said:

You ordered one? Great! You will love it, I'm sure!

Alex_S":34wnwntc said:
sluice":34wnwntc said:
Alex_S":34wnwntc said:

I bought Mike's one (Zuel69) that was for sale on this forum!

PXa4sf8_d.jpg

Alex_S":26unlg5k said:
Wow, looks great. Will look up the specs later. Congratulations, cool looking axe for sure!

Thanks. Might post a review to help future Luxxtone owner, since it's so hard to find information on them!

sluice":7kiem53y said:
Alex_S":7kiem53y said:
Wow, looks great. Will look up the specs later. Congratulations, cool looking axe for sure!

Thanks. Might post a review to help future Luxxtone owner, since it's so hard to find information on them!

That would be cool. Looking forward to read it!

I totally agree with Alex_S in his assessment. I am waiting on delivery of my 4th Luxxtone but I have owned them all. To me Luxxtones are closer to Charvels than Anderson / Suhr. I love his relic jobs and they look absolutely killer to me. Price point is largely the same I think although Suhr / Anderson can get pretty high when you add all the options. At this point in my life I like simpler rock n roll machines like this one.
67171628_10217606239700984_4666229543286079488_o.jpg

Jerry built me Choppa S #198. In many ways it’s the guitar I most regret selling.

I saw this thread and thought I’d join rig-talk so I could share a quick thought on Luxxtone.

So, how does the Luxxtone compare to a Suhr and Charvel Custom Shop? They’re all great in their own way. All fantastic guitars! It’s different than a Suhr and Charvel Custom Shop but it plays just as well .. if you already have a Suhr, you really should get a luxxtone

We always compare to Suhr for a good reason! They’re amazing guitars. So are Luxxtones. Get one, you won’t regret it.

sluice":z8qta68k said:
Alex_S":z8qta68k said:
sluice":z8qta68k said:
Alex_S":z8qta68k said:

I bought Mike's one (Zuel69) that was for sale on this forum!

PXa4sf8_d.jpg

If you ever want to sell that beauty....

Back