MARK CAMERON MOD AMP ON FLEABAY

tubebury51

Hey you guys:

Do any of you have any knowledge or history on this "Mark Cameron Mod 50 watt Marshall"? I see where it says there are two inputs with one lower gain and the other is high gain. Maybe it's a Low Gain Jose and a High Gain Jose in one amp? Hmmmmmm.... I sent the guy some questions to try and nail it down.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0402723576

I know the Mark C. modded amps can make the rounds on fleaBay or the between the forum members and God knows, I have had 5 or 6 Camerons and sold them off like a complete turd-wad, but hey.... :confused:

I still have one at least and it's the best one I have had barring the first SLP he did for me with a simple chicken-knob on that back panel.... Fuck.... :doh:

I still wouldn't mind grabbing a few more since I don't think it'll be any time soon in which one could (or would!) send him an amp to mod.... Waaaaahhhhh.... :cry:

Shit! I just looked at my gear sig and it's way outta date! I need to fix that ASAP......

Brian

psychodave":3ar29vsy said:
No mention of push/pull knobs. No resonance boost or Q. Low start price. I am somewhat wary of it being real.

Never had one of of Marks amps but that one just doesn't add up... :confused:

I'm the one who initially asked the seller if the amp/chassis was signed and what mods were done. His response was a bit odd, as you can see. He seemed to take it that I was asking about the signature as some sort of autograph, as if I cared about that, and less as verification that the work was authentic and not some con-job.

I emailed him last night to see if he'd contacted his "friend" about the mods, and he claimed he didn't want to bother him (Mark). He said that if the amp didn't sell he would have Mark sign the backplate and sell it for "much more money". Oookay...

sondoke":22kbrvhq said:
I'm the one who initially asked the seller if the amp/chassis was signed and what mods were done. His response was a bit odd, as you can see. He seemed to take it that I was asking about the signature as some sort of autograph, as if I cared about that, and less as verification that the work was authentic and not some con-job.

I emailed him last night to see if he'd contacted his "friend" about the mods, and he claimed he didn't want to bother him (Mark). He said that if the amp didn't sell he would have Mark sign the backplate and sell it for "much more money". Oookay...

Same sentiment here: :no:

I sent a second FleaBay message to get more info since his initial replies were incomplete and vague. I don't know about this one. I need to see or hear some more on this one. He couldn't even date the amp.... C 'mon man, even a senile old fuck like me knows how to do that. No offense, but it also has an inspection tag with the actual date! And he didn't have a clue as to what mod it was..... This could be a ruse, someone trying to cash in on Mark's rep for coveted amp mods?

But, on the flip side, it could be a MC modded amp and who's know until they heard it? One would know then, I think. I had Mark mod around 5 or 6 amps and I don't recall him signing a one (other than his yellow stick-'em labels for the FX insert, Bass Boost, etc)....

Hmmmmmm..... Grasshopper says: "Chose wisely...." Or was that the 600 year-old knight guarding Christ's wine cup? Fuck. I hate shit like this. Help me guys!! :doh: :cry:

tubebury51":o3i3vtnk said:
This could be a ruse, someone trying to cash in on Mark's rep for coveted amp mods?

That's what I'm going with, until proven otherwise. Too bad, as I've had serious Cameron GAS for ages now. :doh: :cry:

sondoke":1ayd5s7m said:
tubebury51":1ayd5s7m said:
This could be a ruse, someone trying to cash in on Mark's rep for coveted amp mods?

That's what I'm going with, until proven otherwise. Too bad, as I've had serious Cameron GAS for ages now. :doh: :cry:

I have had that fucking GAS too, even though I have enjoyed a number of these amps he modded for me. There is just something about the grind, mid-range smear and fullness one gets with the MC modded Marshalls (or, I have heard, other amps)...

A few years ago, my sushi buddy Bob Savage, guitarist/sonic engineer extrordinaire, close-mic recorded my old band live and really captured the MC Marshall 50 watter amp I still have (and always will keep). It's a Low Gain "jose" mod that Mark really outdid himself on. Bob says that is his favorite amp I have played live with the VHT 50/CL being a close second. I play more of a "classic rock" sound, so the Low Gain "Jose" is perfect.

Mark told me that he prefers the 100 watters over the 50 watt versions for his mods. I think the 50 is loud enough and has the low-end thunk that's good enough. 100 watts isn't much louder, but needs to be cranked more to get that power tube grind.

Mark made this amp a double-master volume amp with the engagable "Jose" mod (via push-pull on the Master knob) on either Master. I can do a clean and crunch thing. Plus, he put in a mini-toggle switch on each channel that ups the gain ante, but attenuates the volume. An FX insert and Bass Boost control rounds it out. Everyone loves this amp.

Especially me.... :rock:

Sounds like an incredible amp! I'd love to have a 50 watt HG Jose, or an Aldrich/Norum mod. The last time one came up for sale I had just bought a Diezel Einstein. :doh: It's a tremendous amp, but I would rather have had the Cameron.

Ah, well, the search continues.

sondoke":328p8vs8 said:
Sounds like an incredible amp! I'd love to have a 50 watt HG Jose, or an Aldrich/Norum mod. The last time one came up for sale I had just bought a Diezel Einstein. :doh: It's a tremendous amp, but I would rather have had the Cameron.

Ah, well, the search continues.

Shit! Nuthin' wrong with a Diezel my man! :LOL: :LOL: I remember cranking thru a Herbert at Tone Merchants in Orange CA a few years back and it was scary. It made the Ultra Lead I had at the time seem wimpy!

That MC modded LG Jose 50 watt is a killer amp. I wish I had the gear and know-how to post some clips.... but then you'd hear how shitty I play! :doh: Well, compared to all the guys that post clips and REALLY shred...

Brian

I believe this potentially fake Cameron is back on ebay. I saw it listed at Buy it Now of $1,050 and almost crapped my pants before realizing it was probably too good to be true.

The seller just told me that the proof it's a real Cameron is that Mark would have the auction pulled if it was fake. He also said some stuff that almost like the comments above. :thumbsdown:

Saw this one too. Sounds like the same amp that originally kicked off the thread (judging by the "friend of Mark's who modded it as a favor" thing). Started off at $1200 this morning and now it's down to $1050 (maybe after the questions started flying). I'm guessing this guy bought it the first time around, so even he doesn't know if it's a real Cameron or not.

I think Mark's work would have more goop on the circuit board. My Aldrich has a section pretty well blacked out. He really should post a youtube vid of the amp.

I will sell you my REAL Cameron modded Carlsbro for $900 shipped in the USA.
Is a medium Gain crunch machine. :yes:
I just over spent and need the extra cash. My style is more METAL and this is more Rock and roll. :thumbsup:
:rock:

Mailman1971":2wpbramq said:
I will sell you my REAL Cameron modded Carlsbro for $900 shipped in the USA.
Is a medium Gain crunch machine. :yes:
I just over spent and need the extra cash. My style is more METAL and this is more Rock and roll. :thumbsup:
:rock:

Killer deal man! I know you're taking a hit on that thing, but I'm in the same boat as you... Looking for more high gain. I have a Jose and would like an Aldrich or CCV (Yeah right).

Ayrton":n536mp7z said:
All this time later and still no verification?

Buyer beware...

I almost pulled the trigger thinking I could verify before paying and backout if no good. I'm glad I found this thread! I know that most Cameron's have changed hands a few times and this board is the first place to look.

Back