MARK CAMERON MOD AMP ON FLEABAY

Wow.... Gents, I'd be cautious on this one. Every Mark C. amp I have had modded or bought (and I have had more than a few) has had more features like:

1) 'Chicken Head' knob push/pull switch to engage "Jose" mod
2) Bass Boost (resonance/depth) knob
3) Master Volume push/pull controls (I have a DUAL MV 50 watter that's killer!)
4) Gain Stacking switches (attenuator switches)
5) Effects Loop (insert) jacks
6) Presence control knob
7) Mid Range Voicing rotary knob

etc., etc......

Hell, even the Carlsbro 100 TOP I had Mark mod a few years back (yes, that one) had some extra goodies this one don't...

Not to toss this FleaBay auction into the dust bin, but hey.... Caveat Emptor! What's this guy's Feedback rating?? LOL

psychodave":18ms7exo said:
Here is my .02. I have been in and seen quite a few Cameron amps...heck, I own 2 right now.

Looking at the amp gut pics blown up...like a few said, no push/pull knobs. Mark usually doesnt need to add any tubes, but I know...it was already there so he could have just used it. That takes away a lot of work to V2 for the gain he ads. The little terminal strip above the new V1 is not consistant with Mark's work I have seen, but that green cap looks like something in Aldrich :confused: The master and low/high inputs are consistant with things Mark does and could be something he did. Also, we dont see a resonance pot... but I know that Mark doesnt always use a resonance pot on 50 watt amps... but I DO see a yellow cap on the ohm selector and the purple NFB wire going to it. That IS a fixed resonance mod...but the cap looks kinda big. Mark likes to use very small values here. That cap seems way too big :confused: . Mark sometimes grounds the presence pot to the jack hot (on some Jose')...I dont see it on this amp. I dont see any change on the NFB resistor on the board...Mark likes to lower the values.

I am 50/50 on this one. If Mark did mod it, it is not one of his signature mods. Plus, it is pretty easy to find Marks signature on the net and copy it...but then why not just bring it to Mark to sign...after all, it will net at least more money.
I don't believe Mark modded this amp. Not for one minute. There are several additional things that Mark would not have left on a 50 watt amp with this circuit. the whole it had an extra pre-amp tube in it already is one thing, but there is an aweful lot wrong with this whole deal begining to end. If you buy it, buy it because it is the amp it is and it has SOME sort of mod done to it. But do not buy it because someone SAY'S Mark Cameron modded it. I don't believe it. :no: I own several Cameron modded amps just like Dave. Stuff I see like Dave see's don't add up. I would like to hear what Nick thinks if he comes along. :yes:

This amp is located about an hour from my house. I would love to go check it out.
But I dont have the cash and wouldnt want to go there to just "kick the tires' so to speak! :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, Mark even filled an extra pre-tube hole on my 50 watter 1987 when he "fixed" the 'Botch-Mod" it had by some hack... so it don't seem too likely....

HOLLYWOOD":14wy62cy said:
psychodave":14wy62cy said:
Here is my .02. I have been in and seen quite a few Cameron amps...heck, I own 2 right now.

Looking at the amp gut pics blown up...like a few said, no push/pull knobs. Mark usually doesnt need to add any tubes, but I know...it was already there so he could have just used it. That takes away a lot of work to V2 for the gain he ads. The little terminal strip above the new V1 is not consistant with Mark's work I have seen, but that green cap looks like something in Aldrich :confused: The master and low/high inputs are consistant with things Mark does and could be something he did. Also, we dont see a resonance pot... but I know that Mark doesnt always use a resonance pot on 50 watt amps... but I DO see a yellow cap on the ohm selector and the purple NFB wire going to it. That IS a fixed resonance mod...but the cap looks kinda big. Mark likes to use very small values here. That cap seems way too big :confused: . Mark sometimes grounds the presence pot to the jack hot (on some Jose')...I dont see it on this amp. I dont see any change on the NFB resistor on the board...Mark likes to lower the values.

I am 50/50 on this one. If Mark did mod it, it is not one of his signature mods. Plus, it is pretty easy to find Marks signature on the net and copy it...but then why not just bring it to Mark to sign...after all, it will net at least more money.
I don't believe Mark modded this amp. Not for one minute. There are several additional things that Mark would not have left on a 50 watt amp with this circuit. the whole it had an extra pre-amp tube in it already is one thing, but there is an aweful lot wrong with this whole deal begining to end. If you buy it, buy it because it is the amp it is and it has SOME sort of mod done to it. But do not buy it because someone SAY'S Mark Cameron modded it. I don't believe it. :no: I own several Cameron modded amps just like Dave. Stuff I see like Dave see's don't add up. I would like to hear what Nick thinks if he comes along. :yes:

sup hollywood! :D hope all is well man

Who me ? I don't know anything.... I'm just some dumb kid on a forum!

Lets say the amp wasn't modded by Cameron, how much would you pay? I'm thinking of making an offer and sending it for the Fortin Cali mod.

tehuk":2f1ptaui said:
Lets say the amp wasn't modded by Cameron, how much would you pay? I'm thinking of making an offer and sending it for the Fortin Cali mod.

$1,200 is a lot for a stock JCM 800 IMO.

Prices seem to be high these days, but I saw a mint 2203 for $850 on local craigs list and that stayed there for 2 weeks or so. Better deals are out there.

The seller of this amp is out of his mind. I've checked back on it several times and the price has changed at least 4-5 times.

Earlier today it was $1,100, now it's $1,200. When I first saw it, it was $1,050.

Looks a little sketchy to me... I didn't see Mark's signature on the chassis. And I think someone on here said that Mark doesn't add another preamp tube? As far as I know, the JCM 800s don't have a floating preamp tube like that one

Mine looks real similar to that one actually. Mine also doesn't have a sig on the chassis (or underneath), but did have a tube effects loop added...in the same spot too. It was a custom mod done, so not your typical jose/aldrich/ocean. Had to take a pic of the guts so psychodave could confirm...so getting some internal shots might be the only way to officially tell!

10622_1264053201907_1247058756_30784019_2952303_n.jpg

10622_1264053161906_1247058756_30784018_8343013_n.jpg

NS10Fan":2br94no3 said:
Mine looks real similar to that one actually. Mine also doesn't have a sig on the chassis (or underneath), but did have a tube effects loop added...in the same spot too. It was a custom mod done, so not your typical jose/aldrich/ocean. Had to take a pic of the guts so psychodave could confirm...so getting some internal shots might be the only way to officially tell!

Man, it's hard to say about that amp on Fleabay! I know Mark placed the yellow stickers on the chassis panels and didn't write in chicken-scratch (but I don't remember his handwriting)... but, hey.... Funny, mine isn't all gooped up to hide the mod circuits....

Dude, you own my old MC-modded Carlsbro? I had Mark mod that bitch... That thing is ONE LOUD MUTHA!

NS10Fan":29mf9tub said:

Hey and is that a High Gain "Jose" modded 50 watter? Just curious..... :LOL: :LOL:

Is that your old carlsbro? Yea, I'm in possession now. Thing's gotten around! It is the loudest amp I've ever heard.

This jcm800 was a custom mod done. The original owner had it modded to be "jerry cantrell with more gain." From other descriptions and inside gut examinations, it seems to be "Definite aldrich with a touch of jose flair." I don't know exactly, but it's a sick amp.

NS10Fan":10swa0b6 said:
Is that your old carlsbro? Yea, I'm in possession now. Thing's gotten around! It is the loudest amp I've ever heard.

This jcm800 was a custom mod done. The original owner had it modded to be "jerry cantrell with more gain." From other descriptions and inside gut examinations, it seems to be "Definite aldrich with a touch of jose flair." I don't know exactly, but it's a sick amp.

Hey good for you that you have two ass-kickin' Mark C. modded amps! That Carlsbro 100 Top was the second loudest and most rude amps I have ever had! If you played guitar in a classic-rock style band, that'd be all you would need. That and a Les Paul or Strat with H.B's.... I remember picking that amp up at Mark's when he was in Glendale late one night... He made me wait two hours while he tweaked the amp's circuits and finished it up.... \:D/

The most rude amp I ever had was the first Super Lead Mark modded for me... It was a PTP '73 and all it had was a chicken-head push-pull knob on the back to kick-in the Low Gain "Jose" mod..... back around 2001 or so! And I do miss that amp........ :bash:

My band at the time even commented on how savage that thing was..... :m17: Ha ha ha ha! "IF IT'S TOO LOUD, YOU'RE TOO FUCKIN' OLD"

I had that Carlsbro before I traded it to Mike.
Had a GREAT Vintage sound.
I just needed something a little more heavier and am LOVING that JCM Mike traded me for it!! :rock:

Mailman1971":38ghjqxl said:
I had that Carlsbro before I traded it to Mike.
Had a GREAT Vintage sound.
I just needed something a little more heavier and am LOVING that JCM Mike traded me for it!! :rock:

That Carlsbro 100 TOP is almost as big a whore than the US Senate was this morning! :powpow: Just kidding, Mr. Reid....

Back