Marshall AFD

keith2112

Man, I'm having a hard time dialing this thing in. One minute I think it is the best amp made, the next I can't dial in what I want. Like many Marshalls, it likes medium to high output humbukers much better than single coils. My question is: Has anyone gone on the back and adjusted the bias up a bit. I did but it didn't make that much of a difference. I have mine on about 45 or so. What does everyone have their on? How do you all dial your amp in. If you are in AFD mode and cut the gain up past about 3 oclock it gets blaket over the cab sound. I'm intrigued by the amp though. It does have the potential to really rock, but you have to find the sweet spot on the gain, prescence, middle and power nobs.

I don't own one. But, I imagine the power scaling thing is going to muddy up the dialing in of the amp. However, I remember Chris at Marshall gave a good run down of the production model and sound clips. Go to the AFD100 website and find his video. He shows how he is set up and runs through the voicing and power scaling options. Whichever the case, it isn't going to be like dialing up a JMP or JCM.

Steve

all my stuff sounded like crap today!

could just be the day, low pressure, high pressure, something?

mine sounded bad while a front moved through, now not so bad. my ears are ringing, so could be that! :LOL: :LOL:

Capulin Overdrive":mtcvnwcb said:
all my stuff sounded like crap today!

could just be the day, low pressure, high pressure, something?

mine sounded bad while a front moved through, now not so bad. my ears are ringing, so could be that! :LOL: :LOL:

Mine was the same way. I think its the radioactivity.

wind was out of the west at about 50 mph, so very well could have some RADS from Cali by now.

maybe my balls will grow like Randy Marsh and i can get my Medical Marijuana card? :LOL: :LOL:

Capulin Overdrive":2b4d6nom said:
wind was out of the west at about 50 mph, so very well could have some RADS from Cali by now.

maybe my balls will grow like Randy Marsh and i can get my Medical Marijuana card? :LOL: :LOL:

or, they could shrivel up like a couple of acorns on an oak tree in october.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

get that thing around 35. i run mine there and it's glorious...

bass 8.5 / mid 5 / high 5...watch the presence cause it'll jump out at you.

also...check the effect loop volume...tun it up, then turn the loop on...got to really fine tune it.

Thanks. It came biased a bit hotter than that. I cut it up to about 43,44 or so. I've biased it back down to about 36-38 which is how it came. The amp has amazing potential. It is very different than any Marshall I've ever owned. Get this, the two imputs are actually very usable. Most of them the one input is pure clean. This one is only 6db difference than the high.

So the real question is does it get a thumbs up or thumbs down?? Would you buy it again?? Worth the price of admission? :LOL: :LOL:

charveldan":47rcw7s6 said:
You should not have to mess with the bias to get good toan. :doh:

Edit: I dunno, maybe you do?

Checking the bias of any new marshall is a given, I can't cannot count the amount of people that gave up on jvms that were biased cold.

Capulin Overdrive":v5t1g5zu said:

Just keep 'em out of the microwave or you'll be bouncing down the street too!

southpark.jpg

skoora":328vjuvj said:
Capulin Overdrive":328vjuvj said:

Just keep 'em out of the microwave or you'll be bouncing down the street too!

southpark.jpg

Sack Race ???? :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys: :hys:

Ventura":3tgh1lv2 said:
Call me the oddball, but I'm just not IN TO Marshall 'plexi' tones... :LOL: :LOL:

DONE
TO
DEATH

V. :dunno:

People search for Plexi tones in all the wrong places. It isn't going to be in a Chinese Marshall.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ventura":jgwfhxtc said:
Call me the oddball, but I'm just not IN TO Marshall 'plexi' tones... :LOL: :LOL:

DONE
TO
DEATH

V. :dunno:

Well overdriven modded marshalls were king for maybe 10-12 years and then the Recto was born so we have had that sound since the early 90s till now.

OVER COMPRESSED WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SATORATED NO ARTICULATION MODERN TONE.....

DONE

TO

DEATH...........

:LOL: :LOL: :D

Back