Marshall Price Drop. Not sure if an April Fool's joke

I read somewhere else about their USA distributor changing. Maybe clearance them out?

Anyways my rep says they still expect more to come in. We’ll see.

Is a JCM800 2203x worth it? Mind you we’re talking high gain applications.

There's some explanations elsewhere about specifics, but yea it's the new distributor pricing effective today. There's some other interesting stuff, apparently new Marshalls will only able to be sold by retailers directly, no third-party selling (Reverb, eBay, Amazon, etc.) allowed?

They say trends revolve every 25 years. I know some girls are into the old late 90s-early 00's look now. Strange to me, but hey, it's their thing.
Heard something like that as well. I've noticed more and more people wearing bell bottom pants again, even a university professor. I asked someone about it and they said, "oh, you mean flared pants?" What's old is new again.

They say trends revolve every 25 years. I know some girls are into the old late 90s-early 00's look now. Strange to me, but hey, it's their thing.
Those 90's hairstyles were the only big bang theories I ever believed in. There are a lot of slovenly looking rainbow haired nose ring pierce faced butches out there now. I'm glad I'm not a school aged kid in this current state.

That 2203x was something like $3500 last I checked. It's been hugely discounted. I have one for sale, may have to tell Mrs. Lee I can't get what I need for it, so I have to keep it.

I'm all Marshall but frankly this reduction is where the pricing needs to be. And this goes for some other manufacturers as well.

I love my JVM's, not looking for anything to replace them but IMO that amp should be priced where this discount is and nothing more.

I'm all Marshall but frankly this reduction is where the pricing needs to be. And this goes for some other manufacturers as well.

I love my JVM's, not looking for anything to replace them but IMO that amp should be priced where this discount is and nothing more.
100%

This basically cuts the gouging the US distributor has been doing for years... the 1959HW is ~$2k in Europe.

I gotta figure out whether to chase down the Satriani model or just go with the non-sig
The Satch model is basically a "toned" down, tamer or refined version of the stock model. Some prefer that. One thing it does have that I wished Marshall would add/update to the stock model is the serial effects loop and the noise gate. I've always gotten along with the current effects loop on the JVM's but I can see where some might have issue, basically just turn it up all the way. I think Santiago the amp designer even mentioned in hindsight he probably should have just used a straight serial loop. The verb on the stock is useless "to me" and why it would be nice for Marshall to update it a bit with the gates. However I don't use a gate, never have and have no issues but again, it's becoming a standard item and Marshall has one of the best so why not. Changing the loop and adding the gates would update the platform that has remained unchanged approaching two decades.

I owned the Satch for quite a bit along with my trusty stock model and I always came back to the 410. For me it just works, it's more hairy and rougher around the edges for lack of a better term. To me OD1 Orange on the 410 (not available on the 210 & 205 as it's revoiced) is about as hot rodded Marshall as you can get and the reason I've stayed with the amp for so long.

Last edited:
How do you guys feel about the 20w studio heads vs spending more for their higher-wattage versions? Good deals all around but is there value at the 20w pricepoint, or better to spend the extra $ for 100w?

Back