Marshall vs Marshall Clip - Blind

Amp 1 or Amp 2?

• Amp 1

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Amp2

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
For all I know these could be the same amp lol….both sound great to me and quite similar.

Picking just one….I’m going with Clip 1. At least on my ear phones it comes across having just a tad more clarity.

Love Marshalls! Great clip !

Both sound great . So close . I’d maybe go with too . Seemed a tad tighter for my ear

Both are sounds you’d love to play all night. I preferred #1. #2 sounded like it had the highs and presence nudged in a way that wasn’t unpleasant, but #1 came off just a tad rounder / warmer / smoother on top.

Amp 1 sound like it is more vintage like a JMP it has that Marshall clank. Amp 2 is a little more compressed and less vintage clank more like a DSL Marshall IMHO. Both sound good Amp is just more modern sounding to my ears.

Interested to see what the reveal is.....Thanks for posting!

I liked clip 2 more. Seemed like the same tone, just with something additional in the gain that sounded better. I think clip 1 would cut more live though depending on how loud it could get.

I’m hoping it’s a dsl 20hr….I just bought one. 😂
Every clip I’ve heard of the DSL 20 has been great. I’m sure you’ll love it. I have the SC20 myself and the differences in these clips is the same I heard between the big boy JCM 800 and the 20 watt version so that’s why I guessed the Jubilee.

For all I know these could be the same amp lol….both sound great to me and quite similar.

Picking just one….I’m going with Clip 1. At least on my ear phones it comes across having just a tad more clarity.

Love Marshalls! Great clip !
Same.

I preffered the first amp but these do sound like the same amp with a boost on/off tbh.

Amp 1

1 sounded a hair more open. Both were similar to me, but 2 seemed a touch more compressed, like a slight boost was on the same amp.

What's the results?

Yeah.....hard to choose as both are good...but I think I'd go with Amp 1 as there is a bit of brashness in Amp 2.

Back